Storm with no backplate

autobot

Limp Gawd
Hey there folks. Since my MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard is on the fritz, I went ahead and got one of the new ULi chipset ASRock motherboards. Specificly the 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard. Upon openning the retail box I found that the ASRock motherboard had no backplate on the back of the motherboard. Instead of a backplate holding the stock retention module on, it uses 4 small plastic clips that go through the motherboard. How do I mount the Swiftech Strom block on this board without the backplate? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Can you take a pic so we all can see.............. ;)

Does the board at least have a hole in the middle of the side where they normally have the mount screw going through to the back plate?

Sorry about that, here is a pic of the front of the board and the back of the board.

FRONT...
09140006.JPG

BACK....
09140007.JPG

From the way the pics look, alll you need to do is get a back plate and install it like any other A64 board.

Hmmm...perhaps I'll just take the backplate off of the MSI board and put it on the ASRock board. :)

Yup, that would work............ :D they're all pretty much the same size, some are just plastic while otheres are metal.................... :cool:

Back