Sufficient power?

8lack8rain

Limp Gawd
Hey guys

I was reading the power supply faqs. They are pretty good. The calculator is neat but needs to be updated for pci and 2 gigs of ram.

Anyway the system Im looking at for a friend has this on the side:

Delta Electronics Model: DPS-300pb-1a
Input: 100-127v ~ /8A 200-240V ~/4A 50-60Hz

Output: +12V/15A - 12V/.8A +3.3V/28A MAX

Max Power: 300Watt +5V/30A +5vsb/2A

The Combined Power on 180Watt Max

The Combined Power on 280 Watt Max

Thats the most of it.

Has:
Crossfire mobo with onboard video/sound
modem
dvd burner
hard drive
512 ram

Changed:
Added 2 gigs of ram
Added a 128mb pcie video card - Radeon X800
Removed modem
want to add a 160 gig hard drive for back-ups.

I know I should just be content with reading the stickys but I really can't be sure. Would rather rely on the collective brain of the [H] power users. Sadly this pc is an e-machine...argh. Just want to do some simple upgrades. Please don't read ---> hello I'm a cheap dumb noob that doesn't know what a good power supply is for...Do I really need one? Heh.

For my system I am learned and would challenge all to a power supply duel of some sorts. My power supply could jump start a Mac Truck, raise Frankenstein from his slumber, or fight off criminals with taser like abilities. Just looking to see what the general consesus is on upgrading the power. It seems to run fine for now but what about that extra hard drive? So what do you think: definately/ not necessary till you smell smoke/ or probaly ok. Thanks to all the big brains out there.

Get one that is about 400watts....500 is probably your best bet, you won't use close to 500 but it is almost standard these days "just in case".

Back