Surround Sound Problem in D#

Jrmicon

[H]ard|Gawd
Everytime I play doom 3 with surround sound turned on it only works for a few minutes before I loose all sound. The only way to get it back is to go the option menu, and turn surround sound off then back on. Stereo sound wont cut out but doesnt sound nearly as good

After a good hour or so of playing, my audio gets staticy and garbled, anybody having that problem?

I've lost all audio a couple times, but a quit and restart game fixes that.

since i am not using any surround sound setup on this machine with doom, but having no sound issues at this time.

I've been having the same problem. When I have 5.1 surround on, it desyncs (garbled like TheGamerZ's prob) after a few minutes, and have lost sound a few times too. Usually it desyncs after a monter appears and the framerate drops considerably - basicly when it gets a heavy gfx & sfx load. Going to the menu and switching to 2channel then back to 5.1 fixes it until it happens again. Leaving it at 2channel prevents these problems from happening. When it desyncs, it seems that the framerate drops because of it (based on machinegun rate of fire)

I'm guessing its a prob with nForce Soundstrom chips - it'd be nice if the rest of you put down what sfx card you use. IMO the 'packaged' drivers for the nForce2 chipset is retarded - its hard to tell exactly what version drivers are going in. Also the nvmixer doesn't even pick up my center/sub, although all 5.1 apps can use them...

All told, I can't wait for the v1.1 patch already...

TheGamerZ said:
After a good hour or so of playing, my audio gets staticy and garbled, anybody having that problem?

I've lost all audio a couple times, but a quit and restart game fixes that.

Doom3 sound problem...I thought this was D3-Gold version.
I'm guessing i'ts a bug. Just wait for the D3 patch and I think that should
fix any D3 probs.

HiProfile: it has nothing to do with soundstorm... all the audio in Doom 3 is done by the CPU. ID software made it that way so it delivers the same high-quality sound on every machine.

Also: you won't see the sub/center in the equalizer unless you specifically force create center/sub channels. It does it as it is used by applications.

As far as I can tell it doesn't recognize the c-media 9780 chip used on my soyo kt880 for surround. Kind of a drag what with the klipsch promedias and all :( Haven't noticed any dropping or glitches though.

As I stated above, the surround sound isn't processed by your sound card, it's processed by your CPU and then outputted through your sound card. :)

Same problem here. Running Z560s through a Soundstorm. Cuts out and sometimes just alot of static. Seems to be fine when running through headphones.

Same problem here with a SPDIF out to an Onkyo receiver on Soundstorm. I assumed it was a Doom 3 gold problem. But I'll know tonight when I buy the game.

Edit: BTW that was both the audio cut out problem and the static audio problem.

I'm having same problem. Worked fine but crackled before I did the web and eax update with creative.

Asus A7N8X Rev 1
[email protected]
1gb ocz pc3500el
2x seagate 160 raid 0
Cretive SB Audigy OEM
Creative 5.1 speakers

I have the same problem as everyone.

It has a lot of static after only a few minutes of play. I tried lowering the hardware acceleration from the sound control panel, but still the same problem.

I also lose sound all together.

It sucks :mad:

I'm really pissed off, cuz the game is really good, and I sorta get scared, and then the sound goes out.

Yay... talk about a fucking buzz kill!

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I have a Soundblaster Audigy and anytime I set the sound to surround it just won't work. My rear speakers aren't putting out any sound, and after a short time the sound gets all garbeled and then cuts out completely. I've thought about pulling my Audigy out and just using my motherboard to output the sound, since it supports surround sound, but since all the sound processing is done on the processor I don't know if it'll help or not.

I had some sound problems, i was getting clicks (about 1 every 2 secs) everytime i started walking around...then at one point the sound went out.

I dropped my quality level and that cleared it up, my guess is that the cpu was pushing a little to hard. I am still pissed that the sound is processed by the cpu...thats why I have an A2zs f'in id, so i wouldn't put strain on my cpu! :mad:

scotty do said:
nforce sound work anyone?

I'm using the onboard sound on my mobo (nForce 2 ultra) and have the same problems. Like everyone is saying, it's CPU dependant, so you might get these problems, regardless of your soundcard.

I keep getting a fucking skipping noise as I walk. It is fucking gay! It happens ever second or so. But only when I'm walking. I turned direct sound acceleration to basic and it's still happening. Surround doesn't even matter. Goddamn it, it's fucking gay as hell! :mad:

I've had both sound cut out and sound out of sync. nForce soundstorm...

Back