swans m200 broken?

kamal007

[H]ard|Gawd
hey all,
i just received them a day or two ago and theyre not functioning.. it was functioning before the seller ship them. i tested them with my logitech z680 (replace once speaker with the swans) and only the left speaker works. the right one didnt..

The right speaker has the integrated amp in it.. are there any ways i could check whats wrong? the cables are ok (tested them with a z680) .. the red light turns on; meaning power is not a problem.

and where can i get this thing repaired? i tried 3 local shops and they are not familiar with this unit.

Thanks again

Before hiring a repairman, have you tried to bypass the internal amp yet?

would make for some interesting troubleshooting, and who knows, you may even like the way it sounds.

good luck either way

hey all,
i just received them a day or two ago and theyre not functioning.. it was functioning before the seller ship them. i tested them with my logitech z680 (replace once speaker with the swans) and only the left speaker works. the right one didnt..

The right speaker has the integrated amp in it.. are there any ways i could check whats wrong? the cables are ok (tested them with a z680) .. the red light turns on; meaning power is not a problem.

and where can i get this thing repaired? i tried 3 local shops and they are not familiar with this unit.

Thanks again

How do you have it hooked up? The right speaker doesn't accept a connection through the speaker wire posts, that's the output. You need to hook it up through a 3.5mm stereo cable.

If you are hooking it up right, check the position of the volume knob. Mine is screwy, beyond a certain point (knob at 1/3) the left speaker is louder than the right. I need to keep it about halfway (and vary computer volume for control) for it to work right.

Hope you get it working, they sound great.

How do you have it hooked up? The right speaker doesn't accept a connection through the speaker wire posts, that's the output. You need to hook it up through a 3.5mm stereo cable.

If you are hooking it up right, check the position of the volume knob. Mine is screwy, beyond a certain point (knob at 1/3) the left speaker is louder than the right. I need to keep it about halfway (and vary computer volume for control) for it to work right.

Hope you get it working, they sound great.

i tried them with a mini-rca cable and they didnt work..the mini-rca was tested with a headphone amp and they do work..

and how do i bypass the internal amp?

Take the amp plate off and hook the + and - on the speaker to a receiver or some other amp and see if the speaker is blown. I'm guesssing the amp is fubar.

Back