Switched to 24" LCD...now I get eye strain/pain?

welder

n00b
I sure wasn't expecting this when I switched from my 20" to 24".
Almost immediately I felt what can best be described as a pressure in the back of my eyes...The monitor looks great and I have been reducing the brightness levels to try and compensate.
Has any one else experienced this?

How long have you had it. When I went from a 15" laptop to a 22", I felt the same way for about a week, but once you get used to it, its not so bad.

Try moving it further away, or putting a light behind it, both of which might help.

And give it a week or so to get used to it.

It takes time to get used to it.

I had the same problem going from a 17" to a 24".

I got used to it in about 3-5 days.

Might be that you're looking more upwards at it. Your eye muscles can get fatigued if they're no looking slightly downward. Try lowering the monitor or raising your chair.

lcds look better from above imo anyways :) definetly try sitting above it a little.

sit further away from larger screens if they cause problems.

What are the screen models? If the switch was from a CRT I would guess it's the grainy look of the screens anti-glare coatings since I've had almost exactly those symptoms with the four LCDs I've tried over the years. They have all been grainy looking in a way that neither my 20" CRT screen nor my old Dell laptop screens have been and the latter have never given me any eyestrain.

Back