Switching DPI, hardware workarounds if not on mouse?

semisonic9

Gawd
Considering new mouse options. I play TF2 a lot, and I'm sure I'd miss the on-the-fly DPI selection from my Logitech G5 if I swapped to something like a DeathAdder.

Is there any way, specifically with Razer software, to bind DPI swaps to keyboard hotkeys (like numpad buttons)? Having to hit escape or alt/tab out would be a real bitch.

-S

I dont know about the DeathAdder specificaly but on the Copperhead and Diamondback there is a button on the bottom of the mouse that will swap to the next of 5 profiles for you without having to tab out. You still have to flip the mouse over to get to it however, so its def not as easy as it is with the G5. My one gripe with the G5 is that there is no middle ground between the high dpi mode and the mid dpi mode.

You could just create the binds for in-game mouse sensitivity in the TF2 configs and map them to any key you want. Or even have the sensitivity change based on the class you choose.

Huh?

You shouldn't be changint the DPI in the first place, leave that at maximum for the best tracking possible, then alter the mouse sensitivity to get the desired accuracy.

Razer invented on the fly sensitivity, it's bound on most of their mice by default to be one of the thumb buttons + scroll wheel.

Back