TeamFortress 2 and gfx driver problem?

dR.Jester

2[H]4U
I've been noticing some weird stuff going on while playing TeamFortress 2. Sometimes the fog will change on 2Fort in the Sewers, it appears as if it is getting thicker/darker.

Not only that, but tonight my screen seemed to get a darker in the "Courtyard" on 2Fort when I was looking down at one of the stairs. I thought my Dell 2407 was the culprit but in Windows on the desktop I see no change at all. This makes me think it has to be the game itself.

I'm running SLi 8800GT with rig in sig and using the 169.28 BETAs. I may go back to the WHQL driver and see if this problem persists but I want to make sure beforehand if anyone else here has experienced the same thing. I've also set my SLi setting at "Force Alternate Frame Rendering 2".

I don't see any artifacting at all. My cards are not overheating but the picture getting darker and brighter. Thats got me wondering wtf could possibly be going on?

I've never heard of that..

Try:

1. Single card
2. SLI but with the default profile (i.e. don't override with the AFR setting).

Here is what TF2 is doing on Forceware 169.28 beta.

What the game should normally look like, image resized from 1920x1200.
tf2-fine.jpg

Then out of nowhere the fog will appear. Looks like ASS!
tf2-fog.jpg

Here is the courtyard on 2Fort, this is where I first thought my Dell 2407 may be having problems because all of the sudden the textures would get darker.
tf2-courtyard-fine.jpg

Then as you can see, the colors appear to be somewhat darker.
tf2-courtyard-wtf.jpg

After it does this, it will eventually go back to looking better.

Pretty sure its a driver problem now. Tomorrow I will give the Forceware 169.21 WHQL a try and see if the same problem comes up. If indeed this does continue, I will try running on a single 8800GT. I have both an EVGA and XFX card in SLi and I'm not overclocking on the vid. I do have the fan speed turned up to about 50% for each card in Rivatuner.

*edit*

Here are my GFX settings for Team Fortress 2.
gamesetting.jpg

Have you tried disabling the HDR effects? HDR will change the brightness of the scene. Personally, I can't stand it.

Apologies if you have already ruled that out.

I was getting odd colors (yellowish) & effects w/Color correction on. Turned it off & it's been working perfectly. I play w/HDR enabled btw

Back