Teamspeak newb question.

mitcity22

2[H]4U
Ok so I just bought a headset from worst buy (needed it quick) and I can hear other people but they can't hear me, I've turned up all the volume setting and tried voice actv and push to talk but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas???

You need to ensure that your microphone shows up in your audio devices. Click on your volume indicator on your task bar. Open Volume Control. Can you see the Microphone controls? If not, then go under the Options menu and select Properties. Make sure that Microphone is checked. If it isn't, then it won't show up. Note that some motherboards with onboard sound won't list "microphone" per se. Rather, they'll give you the color coded outlet. I have a Gigabyte board with onboard sound. It took me for freaking ever before I figured out that the headset (hooked up to the rear, with the mic in the pink port and the speaker jack in the green port) showed up as "Rear Green In" and "Rear Pink In." What the heck was that???

Then, make sure that you've actually identified the device. For example, in the sound manager icon with the Gigabyte board, I not only had to say "yes, that is a mic," but I also had to go to the I/O tab, click on the I/O space, and indicate that yes, it really was a mic.

At this point, you'll be half-way home. You may find that you echo if your teammates talk to you. I found that diddling with the "Front" volume slider helped, but I'd also muted the mic in some spots on the control panel while enabling it in other.. Your own mileage may vary.

Overall, I found it a frustrating experience. Luckily I had some people on TS who were helpful in letting me know the issues with my voice quality. Also, I had IRC open, too, so if I did something whereby I couldn't hear them or I thought they couldn't hear me, I could type out a conversation.

Hope this helps.

--ceolstan

Back