Temps on Q6600

Tormond

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2007
at stock speed (2.4) with the retail fan what should my temps be at full load? Looks like I am averaging about 65C does that seem right?

Quick edit running on a EBGA 680i board BTW (the original..I still havent RMAed this one for the newer A1 (or whatever it is release)

Kentsfield
Family6
Model F
Stepping B
Ext Family 6
Ext Model F
Revision G0

According to CPU-Z

You're fine. (And it's a G0.)

I don't know why everyone says the stock fan is "good enough," I think it is absolutely subpar- in my setup, I was breaking 70C on a B3 reguarly with no overclocking!
Finally got my watercooler stable for 24/7 use, now looking at 33/43 at stock settings. Fuzion, BIP3 with 2x Panaflo fans at 5V. (Yes, only two fans.)

Using thermalright ultra 120 extreme my temps are 40C under while running the smp client,

@ stock speeds G0 revision

I don't know why everyone says the stock fan is "good enough,"

Because Intel does. Intel put 4 cores in one package. Don't you think they knew it was going to get hot with the stock cooler? Of course. It doesn't matter.

Stock fan was all I had handy. I gave up on watercooling as it seemed to be a rather large PITA for small benefit. I was just wondering if I needed to order a better fan than the stock or if65C under load was standard. I have been running under load for about 30 min now and the temps havent moved beyond 67C (they fluctuate between 65-67) so as long as I am good I am happy. Good to know it is a G0. Now I just need to actually get off my butt and RMA this board back to EVGA so I can actually try playing with the overclocking this thing (of course that is going to need better cooling)

I dis-like the stock HS/Fan combo on the Q6600 (its fine for a lower heat output dual core). I found that a Thermalright HR-01 works a bit better than my Ultra 120 (not as good as the 120 extreme) but it keeps my GO Quad @[email protected] below 50deg C when folding and at 53deg C under Prime using a Silverstone 1200rpm fan. and it cost less ($48)

[BRO]Alaskan;1031664908 said:
I dis-like the stock HS/Fan combo on the Q6600 (its fine for a lower heat output dual core). I found that a Thermalright HR-01 works a bit better than my Ultra 120 (not as good as the 120 ultra) but it keeps my GO Quad @[email protected] below 50deg C when folding and at 53deg C under Prime using a Silverstone 1200rpm fan. and it cost less ($48)

My only beef with the utlra is the fan clips, wasn't till i saw a color picture online that i was able ti figure it out.

Back