Texture blinking in FarCry2

Anyone else had blinking or shimmering textures? It's really annoying in my game. It's only on certain objects, and ALL the roads in the game. Some mountainsides as well. I've got the 8.10 hofix drivers, which dramatically improved performance over the normal 8.10's, but I had the shimmering in both.

Anyone else had blinking or shimmering textures? It's really annoying in my game. It's only on certain objects, and ALL the roads in the game. Some mountainsides as well. I've got the 8.10 hofix drivers, which dramatically improved performance over the normal 8.10's, but I had the shimmering in both.

Perhaps you should wait for the newest official driver update, which should further fix these issues. The game was made for nVidia so many ATI users are experiencing issues.

I got texture blinking too but found it was caused by random background programs like my winamp running behind farcry2...the outline of the player would blink. Also my temp monitoring doodaah lol. So maybe try minimizing everything before starting far cry?

Don't have anything up in the back. It's actually only certain textures in the game, others are just fine. For example, ammo boxes are ok, but all the roads in the game flicker.

Weird after getting 25% through the game I did experience some texture blinking. I restarted it and it went away.

Na, the ground and things actually blink in and out on mine. They dissapear. it's so quick that it looks like a flicker though.

I had texture issues with the road, etc...when I tried to run DX10 in Vista UE x64. Once I went to DX9 the problem went away.

Back