The Coolermaster Gallery

I ordered a CM RC-690 last night. I'm surprised nobody else has posted pics of it here. Guess I'll have to be the first come Tuesday.

P1010121.jpg

P1010123.jpg

P1010124.jpg

P1010126.jpg

Allow me to be the first to post up pics of the RC-690!!!

My new mobo and CPU are on their way . . .

I love it! Great cooling, great aesthetics, great layout and has a lot of room behind the mobo tray for wires. A+ case, and the price sweetens the deal.

Anyone have a 832 flipped to BTX style?

Curious...

EDIT: hmmm... that 690 is nice for $80
I'm looking for something with more airflow than my current P160

EDIT2: Hey grim, didn't see you up there. :p

Just built a system for my nephew. His 690 next to my P180. I really like the style of the 690 but the build quality doesn't compare to my P180. I paid the same price for the both of them by the way ($50AR).

IMG_6569.jpg

Just got my 690 in, and I'm impressed; especially for $50 AR. Looking forward to finishing the build in a couple days (waiting for a hard drive). Cooler Master has some thoughtful designs.

What's up fellas.

I recently purchased a 690 to replace my old file server case. The apartment I'm moving into is a bit different and I won't be able to hide the loud fans in a closet.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 3700 San Diego
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
1GB Team Xtreem BH-5 2-2-2-5
80GB OS
250GB Music
250GB General Storage
ATi Radeon 7000 PCI

fs2.jpg

fs3.jpg

fs4.jpg

fs5.jpg

fs6.jpg

fs7.jpg

fs8.jpg

fs9.jpg

fs10.jpg

fs1.jpg

Nice configuration, I bought the same case. It should be here next week. But your power supply... *shudders*

*eh* that's not bad. It's still a little messy though...could maybe use some mesh sleeving to hide the rest of the wiring and to give everything a single "color"

Nice configuration, I bought the same case. It should be here next week. But your power supply... *shudders*
It's actually quite sturdy and reliable. I've tested the rails with a multimeter many times-always dead on. Also it's been running rock solid for about a year. I wouldn't put it in something I was going to overclock, but for a file server it's fine

How is the power button on the 690? I looked at the display at Fry's and loved the case, but the power button seemed like you have to push it pretty hard for it to click. I asked someone that worked there if it was just because the display was worn, and of course he didn't know.

...it's Fry's. Do you REALLY expect the people that work there to know anything? The employees there must come from the same pool as Gamestop employees. :D

Replaced my Antec P160W with the new (and pretty damn inexpensive) CM 690.

Remove the "_sm" in the filename for full size pics.

Also, I had a slim zalman 80mm fan that I had to clip the corners in order for it to fit. That fan came with long screws and nuts for the ends. I ran screws w/ rubber rushers through the board and used the little nut/caps to tighten down the northbridge w/ AS Ceramique. It's about 10C cooler with that mod and this case.

I've only hit the power button a couple times but it seems fine to me. The button is actually mounted to the front of the case behind the front panel and this plastic 'button' that we see is on a small hinge.

Pics:
Guts_sm.jpg

Back_sm.jpg

Top1_sm.jpg

Top2_sm.jpg

Middle_sm.jpg

Bottom_sm.jpg

VC_sm.jpg

RAM_CM690_sm.jpg

RAM2_CM690_sm.jpg

How is the power button on the 690? I looked at the display at Fry's and loved the case, but the power button seemed like you have to push it pretty hard for it to click. I asked someone that worked there if it was just because the display was worn, and of course he didn't know.
The power button is not the best, but I rarely turn my machines off so it wasn't a big deal.

@ dolphumous:

What's with the fan on he back of the case behind the CPU (I assume?) :confused:

@ dolphumous:

What's with the fan on he back of the case behind the CPU (I assume?) :confused:
CM designed a spot for a fan there. The purpose IMO is to help cool the backside of the CPU/socket and the rest of the motherboard. I could see this being beneficial with extreme overclocking.

I haven't tested push/pull/without yet. There was a hole there so I stuck something in it. ;)

Small, packed case :eek: . I added a few fans. :p

I just built this rig. I bought this case to put all my old components in, but ended up liking it better than my Tt Tsunami. Airflow is great with the way I set up all the fans.

pc%20009.jpg

pc%20004.jpg

pc%20005.jpg

pc%20006.jpg

pc%20007.jpg

pc%20008.jpg

It's actually fairly quiet too. All the case fans just run at around 1400rpm as well as the CPU fan. If I run Prime95 the CPU fan will bump up between that and 2100 depending on how much heat the cores are producing. So far playing games or surfing the net, etc, it's very tolerable. I also have no problem sleeping with the rig only a couple feet away from my bed. :p

I don't have any problems with the power button on my CM690, but it does require a little more pressure than my Antecs.

[All pics clickable for larger sizes.]

The beast has 14 fans in it right now, and I'm not using the 2 on the side panel.:eek:

I have 2x CM CoolDrive6s in it, and they each have 10 wires coming out the back - makes for a hell of a time managing cables, but keeps the fans at reasonable noise levels. There is about 2mm of room once the GeminII is in there.

This is where she sits. I'm not quite as bad as I look - the SOHO is empty, and the small InWin is an HTPC I'm building for my brother-in-law.

Of course, my laptop is in my truck, and we have our own HTPC as well. :D

I ditched the blue LED CM fan for a Yate that flows much better - as can be seen from the damn cat hair collecting on the mesh.

The 80x15mm fan on the reverse of the mobo has dropped the temps of that area by at least 5*C - I run it as an exhaust.

-bZj

Here are some pics I took today of my Centurion 5 that I redid the other day. Comments, and improvements are always welcome. Thanks.
cimg0992cn9.jpg

cimg0985ox5.jpg

cimg0989ne4.jpg

Back