The Destiny 2 Open Beta Is Now Available to All Players

I didnt play destiny 1 although some people were addicted. What are people's opinions on destiny 2 beta?
a. why play it
b. if you like diablo and are a casual fps player any perks?
c. I like tf2

I didnt play destiny 1 although some people were addicted. What are people's opinions on destiny 2 beta?
a. why play it
c. I like tf2

I like it from the brief amount I played last night and this morning before work. I think it is a brief glimpse of what the game will be... enough to show someone if they will like the game or not (which is the answer to a.).

b. I have played quite a bit of Diablo 3 and I really enjoyed the large amount of time I spent in Destiny 1 on PS4.

C. Never played TF2 much, so can't comment there.

I'm personally hoping that Destiny 2 is as fun as it could be. Basically an improved Destiny 1 on PC is going to be a hell of a game, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played for ~90min, better then I expected for PVE. PVP on the other hand is not interesting at all to me.
Extremely limited content available for this beta so I didn't play much.

a. why play it
c. I like tf2

Give it a shot and form your own opinion. It's a solid shooter looter. I've spent well over 1k hours in Diablo 3 and Destiny 1 and they both scratch the loot itch pretty well.

Played for ~90min, better then I expected for PVE. PVP on the other hand is not interesting at all to me.
Extremely limited content available for this beta so I didn't play much.

Try the Strike Mission once that is where the game really shines.

I did which is why I said the pve was better then I expected.

This game covers so many strokes. While some people can drop 500+ hours/year on this game..it fits really well in the 100-200 hour category if you just pick on facet and stick with it. For example...I don't PvP. I put in 300 hours in destiny 1 over ~2 years and had a good time doing it. Never felt like I couldn't do shit...never felt like I was missing anything.

Anyone know if the nvidia 1080 D2 codes will activate on a 1070 system? I know they changed how the codes worked about a year ago.

So far it seems good. performance is spot on, which is surprising considering it is a beta, and considering the console reviews will come out first I can decide if I actually want to preorder after those reviews.

So this was pretty fun, graphics were really good. I had low expectations since it's just a console port but the opening 5 seconds with all the particles and crap flying around was pretty sweet. Was able to play at 4k on med settings with a 980Ti. No idea what FPS because they seemed to have disabled all overlays but it played "ok" so I was probably in the 30 to 60fps range which I don't mind for PVE. Felt like the abilities take forever to come off cooldown which I hear was not the case in D1.

Does anyone know if the entire D2 game will be instances only or is there like a story campaign and then instances to keep people playing? Is this basically a $50 version of warframe is what I'm wondering.

Anyone know if the nvidia 1080 D2 codes will activate on a 1070 system? I know they changed how the codes worked about a year ago.
I dont think it'll work with a 1070. I'm quite sure you need a 1080 or a 1080ti to activate a D2 nvidia code.

So this was pretty fun, graphics were really good. I had low expectations since it's just a console port but the opening 5 seconds with all the particles and crap flying around was pretty sweet. Was able to play at 4k on med settings with a 980Ti. No idea what FPS because they seemed to have disabled all overlays but it played "ok" so I was probably in the 30 to 60fps range which I don't mind for PVE. Felt like the abilities take forever to come off cooldown which I hear was not the case in D1.

Does anyone know if the entire D2 game will be instances only or is there like a story campaign and then instances to keep people playing? Is this basically a $50 version of warframe is what I'm wondering.

There is an in-game FPS counter you can enable in the game's settings.

Most missions including SP, strikes, and raids will take you through public spaces and instances. If it works like Destiny 1 you will also be able to do little mini-missions in big public spaces.

played it last night, ran thru the initial mission pretty quickly, thought it was pretty easy, I kind of played it like an fps so i only activated my abilities kind of by accident. Then me and two other random guy try to do a co-op mission and epic failed against the boss multiple times until we just all quit. Was kind of fun, not sure if its enough for me to buy tho.

Everything in the game is tied to the story. In the first game you didn't really finish the story unless you also did all the strike and raid missions. Single-player content is a mix of public space and instances, while strike and raid missions are instances that you can play in coop (the former is a pickup PvE coop that is standard shooter fare, while the latter is more intensive in that it requires communication in your team to progress due to the nature of the puzzles and harder bosses). You can replay any mission as much as you want, to grind for loot or just have fun.

I liked the gameplay. But in the end I kept thinking that Warframe does these things better. I'll give it a go at release since I got it for free with my gpu though.

Back