The Division - officially announced for PC!

Just bought a GTX 980 TI and 1440p gsync monitor yesterday. It's all setup and ready for the go live in a couple hours. Anyone else take tomorrow off? First time I've ever done that for a game, but I was in need of a couple days off anyway.

Exclusivity sucks a bunch of dick. Does MS pay the developers more than what they would make to release the expansions on all the shit at the same time?

Yes, because they likely assume that they won't lose a sale with a 30day wait period. So if MS offers them any significant value, they'll jump at it. MS does it because they know that impatient people might grab it up on their platform.

Just bought a GTX 980 TI and 1440p gsync monitor yesterday. It's all setup and ready for the go live in a couple hours. Anyone else take tomorrow off? First time I've ever done that for a game, but I was in need of a couple days off anyway.

I took Friday off. Plan to play a ton Thursday night.

My uplay version unlocked about 3 hours ago.
Don't listen to what others might say; runs like shit. Looks quite bad, too.

Plenty of graphics options, though.

You may be an outlier here man, when it comes to performance. PC players on Reddit are saying it runs really well. I have a friend who is also playing right now w/ 980ti/3770k@1440p and he says it really smooth. He isn't using the newest drivers either -- which I hear can cause some serious issues.

How is yours unlocked already when mine isn't?

Are some of you guys really taking off work tomorrow just to play this? I played the open beta and had enough fun to get me to buy a key for it and I do want to play it as much as the next guy here, but I guess my exuberance for video games has decreased a little over the years. I am definitely not calling off work tomorrow, nor am I staying up after midnight and feeling like shit at work tomorrow just so I can be 'first' in the game the second it goes live.

I'm just jealous of you guys that can be consumed by a game and be totally engaged and immersed in it. And still have fun.

The PC version is unlocking for some people, and no one really knows why.

The PC version is unlocking for some people, and no one really knows why.

From the Reddit for this game, I have noticed most of the people who say it's unlocked bought their keys from Gamesplanet which is in the UK and is supposedly open now. So it might be that keys were tied to a region and uPlay is using that versus the IP#.

If you think about it, that makes sense because North America is launching all at once (12am EST) versus staggered based on location (12am for all). That would indicate it's a regional launch.

I have a US key I bought (Nvidia code) and it hasn't unlocked, nor taken the 3gb patch.

How is yours unlocked already when mine isn't?

Are some of you guys really taking off work tomorrow just to play this? I played the open beta and had enough fun to get me to buy a key for it and I do want to play it as much as the next guy here, but I guess my exuberance for video games has decreased a little over the years. I am definitely not calling off work tomorrow, nor am I staying up after midnight and feeling like shit at work tomorrow just so I can be 'first' in the game the second it goes live.

I'm just jealous of you guys that can be consumed by a game and be totally engaged and immersed in it. And still have fun.

I took off Monday and Tuesday. The main reason being that I haven't took any significant time off since Thanksgiving and was in need of a break. So I'm killing two birds with one stone. Playing the open beta a couple weeks ago is what prompted me to do this. I am excited as I haven't played anything fun like this since WoW or WarHammer first came out. I didn't care for Destiny at all.

God dammit, Getting "Uplay is unable to start your download. Check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive then try again"

Well I do have internet and plenty of storage space.

Can anyone actually use the laptop to complete your character's activation?

and servers are down....
got to create my character, fire my weapon a few times, explore the opening area a bit, then boom. servers down.

Did you buy the gold edition? My friends that bought that version can play, but those of us that bought the regular version cannot.
I bought my key off of gamesplanet which is based in the UK. So I guess that's why I unlocked early. I fucking loved every minute of it. Played for about 2 hours 30 mins and got a bit past opening up the post office main base and did a side mission.

Running on a single 970 @ 1440p w/ gsync enabled. Most settings on high, turned off AA and some lighting settings. Game ran smooth.. mostly in the 50s would peak in the mid to upper 60s.
260B57462F277F65A1E3AA12F23699D3BB33BDD8
2D12DDD86D90EB17BD71D3422D364988199523F3

Last edited:
really enjoying Division and by that I mean the white Russian I'm enjoying while I wait for Ubisoft to let me login.

You all suck -- I work nights 11pm to 7am central time -- right around the time I get to work is when the game went live apparently. I'll be playing on Xfire 290s @ 1440p, both betas were pretty fun. I picked up a code for $40 from a fellow member here.

I picked up the Amazon Gold deal - but I believe it was only for the physical copy version. I wish I could pre-load - but have to wait until tomorrow.

I originally did the same thing (to get my free beta code) but even with the 20% off for prime members, it was still cheaper for me to buy in the 2nd hand market. No taxes and a deeper discount :)

Looks like I have a big decision to make - this Saturday when I turn 34, should I go and get drunk at a bar, or stay home and play the division in my underwear.

From what I have played so far, this is the type of game I was hoping Destiny would be. Maybe not on as big a scale but the type of game, the open world and seamless mp in/out.

I wish I got to play a bit more before the servers went to crap though.

Really enjoying it so far, the world seems a lot more lively than the beta

Can anyone actually use the laptop to complete your character's activation?

There was a ton of people with that same issue. I got mine fixed by going outside and running through the park adjacent to the safehouse - it eventually prompted me with "You have New Skills, Press L". Once that happened, I went back in and did the laptop with no issues. Was just about to finish the last initial Brooklyn encounter when the servers crashed again.

Sucks that even when playing solo, I'm beholden to server stability. If I'm not running in co-op or the Dark Zone. Why not just let me roll with it and let it sync when they come back up?

I also had the initial "black screen" that a lot of people were mentioning on Reddit. Fixed it by Alt + Enter on the screen (puts you in Windowed mode).

You all suck -- I work nights 11pm to 7am central time -- right around the time I get to work is when the game went live apparently. I'll be playing on Xfire 290s @ 1440p, both betas were pretty fun. I picked up a code for $40 from a fellow member here.

You're not missing much, the servers are very unstable at the moment.

I will say this, I'm disappointed in the Character Creation. It's very very limited in what you can do. They hyped that up when they said "the one in the beta was a cut down version of what's in the game". Yeah, but not by much. I was hoping for a tad bit more flexibility. We get like 5 hairstyles, 6 facial hair, 12ish heads, a few different sunglasses, and 5 face paint or facial scars.

The current technology allows for them to do some awesome creation stuff in games and yet we get a very basic rendition of it in a game where you're playing alongside a ton of other people so individuality is important.

Finally got past the missions of the beta. Played each one on hard of course. It's definitely more of a challenge around since we don't have general access to the DZ and or the purple/gold guns yet.

Unlocked medical and I think I'm going ti work it through primarily over the others. So I'm gonna build my character as a healer for now.

I think i wait a month or so until all problems are fixed, sad they cant get proper servers to handle the fucking load of players whats the point having mp in this game then ???

Closed Beta + Open Beta + Promises of servers' stability = Services are not availible.

Tom Clancy´s The Disconnection™

Game is so boring. Same missions, same enemy models, your main target its farming equipment in pvp zone, forget about storyline. Thank you Ubi for one more piece of s***.

>Ubisoft services are not avaiable at this time. Try again later or go offline
>Go online to activate this game

I think i wait a month or so until all problems are fixed, sad they cant get proper servers to handle the fucking load of players whats the point having mp in this game then ???

Closed Beta + Open Beta + Promises of servers' stability = Services are not availible.

Tom Clancy´s The Disconnection™

Game is so boring. Same missions, same enemy models, your main target its farming equipment in pvp zone, forget about storyline. Thank you Ubi for one more piece of s***.

>Ubisoft services are not avaiable at this time. Try again later or go offline
>Go online to activate this game

Game is running fine now. The first 45 minutes was just a hiccup.

Gonna need an FoV setting, especially indoors. Killing my eyes.

Also there is a benchmark tool at the main menu (not in-game).

gQCufba.png

Last edited:

I originally did the same thing (to get my free beta code) but even with the 20% off for prime members, it was still cheaper for me to buy in the 2nd hand market. No taxes and a deeper discount :)

Looks like I have a big decision to make - this Saturday when I turn 34, should I go and get drunk at a bar, or stay home and play the division in my underwear.

Gaming Humor & News on Twitter

Logged on just to do the intro section. Reached the first insertion point into Manhattan and groaned at the thought of doing these missions for the third time (closed beta, open beta, release).

I feel like it's running a little bit smoother than the betas (technically speaking) and have run into a little bit of people standing still in safehouses blocking crap - not that bad, but annoying sure.

Gameplay-wise, I feel like things won't get interesting until major breakpoints (level 5, level 10, etc.) and some serious time in the DZ.

that was an issue in the betas as well...I remember players lined up doing jumping jacks in the opening area preventing players from progressing into the tent...surprised they didn't fix that for the full release but I'm sure the first patch will take care of it

Logged on just to do the intro section. Reached the first insertion point into Manhattan and groaned at the thought of doing these missions for the third time (closed beta, open beta, release).

I feel like it's running a little bit smoother than the betas (technically speaking) and have run into a little bit of people standing still in safehouses blocking crap - not that bad, but annoying sure.

Gameplay-wise, I feel like things won't get interesting until major breakpoints (level 5, level 10, etc.) and some serious time in the DZ.

that was an issue in the betas as well...I remember players lined up doing jumping jacks in the opening area preventing players from progressing into the tent...surprised they didn't fix that for the full release but I'm sure the first patch will take care of it

This pisses me off. Do people seriously not have anything better to do with their time/lives?

Back