The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

2x Logitech PS/2 Keyboards (Black). Model Y-ST39
1x AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 tmdtl60hax5dm (does not work)
2x Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz SL7PK Link
1x Box of 10 Sony 10MFD-2HD 3.5" floppy disks.

Last edited:
@vroom_skies -- I think what you're referring to is that buschman31 needed a ZM-CS5B. However, I imagine that the ZM-CS4A and -CS5B are somewhat different... check me tho, I'm not sure.

They are different. The ZM-CS4A CNPS9700/9500 Series Clip is for the socket 1366.

Hey guys. Looking for: Micro SATA to SATA adapter, silicone thermal grease (opened is ok). Let me know if you can send for the price of an envelope and stamp.

Free for the price of envelope and stamp: 2" motherboard speaker.

I'm selling my broken EVGA 3-SLI X58 motherboard and a broken Dell F1C 1U server on eBay, but if they don't sell in the next day I'm going to offer them here for the cost of shipping or if someone wants to trade.

I'm selling my broken EVGA 3-SLI X58 motherboard and a broken Dell F1C 1U server on eBay, but if they don't sell in the next day I'm going to offer them here for the cost of shipping or if someone wants to trade.

What's wrong with the X58? I might be interested in it.

longshot but I'm looking for a male vga socket like this one or any kind that has either a breakout board or a vga cable end with good quality wires. I've cannibalized two vga cables and both of them have cheap, flimsy low grade wiring that i cannot solder to.

HD15-VGA-Male-Solder-Connector-Kit-Plastic-1115HDSK-M-1.jpg

Last edited:
I am looking for an older dell wireless card for a vostro laptop. The one that came out was a DW 1390 and it looked like this

mKfvQNLDXKzPU2Z19r7SGRQ.jpg

It doesnt have to be a dell, it can be from an hp or whatever as most broacom chipped cards will work as long as it is the same board design.

I am looking for an older dell wireless card for a vostro laptop. The one that came out was a DW 1390 and it looked like this

mKfvQNLDXKzPU2Z19r7SGRQ.jpg

It doesnt have to be a dell, it can be from an hp or whatever as most broacom chipped cards will work as long as it is the same board design.

I have *three*. A DW 1390, an HP 441090-001, and an HP 416376-001. They appear physically identical except for labeling. You can have 'em, but you have to take all three :p I have no use for these cards myself.

PM me with your ZIP code and I'll get you a shipping quote.

Anyone have a spare APC data cable that is RJ50 (looks like a RJ45 jack) end to USB male? If you have any of these, you know exactly what they look like. I need qty. 2, and it burns that I've recycled my fair share of these in the past - and now I have to source them...:mad:

I'd like to keep the price as low as possible; online prices are under $6 delivered - but if I buy one from the Egg its $40. (hah) Thanks.

Yep I just had to deal with that. I had to fight for the one I just got even though I had a hundred of them from back when the city upgraded theirs.

Yep I just had to deal with that. I had to fight for the one I just got even though I had a hundred of them from back when the city upgraded theirs.
:rolleyes: yes. IT IS SO WRONG. (we need an emoticon for 'tear' because I could sure use it right now...)

Got a Logitech G15 that had water or unsweetened iced tea spilled on it.

Keys 7890-=,uiopkl;,./ arent working or register as another key. Can disassemble if there are parts needed separately.

Got a Logitech G15 that had water or unsweetened iced tea spilled on it.

Keys 7890-=,uiopkl;,./ arent working or register as another key. Can disassemble if there are parts needed separately.

is that a rubber dome switch or mechanical switch?

Looks like membrane from here. First pic on Google Images for "logitech g15 teardown" --

Hb3JGkRl.jpg

Anyone have a spare APC data cable that is RJ50 (looks like a RJ45 jack) end to USB male? If you have any of these, you know exactly what they look like. I need qty. 2, and it burns that I've recycled my fair share of these in the past - and now I have to source them...:mad:

I'd like to keep the price as low as possible; online prices are under $6 delivered - but if I buy one from the Egg its $40. (hah) Thanks.

I might still have one at work. Let me check when I get back in on Monday. You may need to send me a pm to remind me.

I have a Code for $50 of in-game credits for Warface, Path of Exile, and Heroes of Newerth - 1 code for all 3 games, $150 total. got it when i bought a new geforce card, but i don't play any of these games.

[EDIT] GONE! [/EDIT]

Last edited:
longshot but I'm looking for a male vga socket like this one or any kind that has either a breakout board or a vga cable end with good quality wires. I've cannibalized two vga cables and both of them have cheap, flimsy low grade wiring that i cannot solder to.

HD15-VGA-Male-Solder-Connector-Kit-Plastic-1115HDSK-M-1.jpg

nobody?

Ok does anyone have any low profile vga adapters like this? Need at least one 12 pin adapter. Don't need the bracket

P450-7918-v01.jpg

^^ any one of the two variations would be fine. Just need to hook up an ancient CGA monitor much easier than i have for a series of "tests". :)

gone for now. I'll be back with more once I can catch up with requests.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a ForeverSharp "Paring Pro" kitchen knife they don't want...? I have one, got it as a promo, and I'd like to have two.

I *think* I can eke out enough from my bank to pay for shipping on this, lol... but I don't have more than shipping, which is one of two reasons I'm [H]ere rather than on eBay. (The other being that I don't like eBay as much.)

NOTE: I looked through the FS/T rules, I'm pretty sure I'm not going against anything (this knife is intended for veggies not violence, thankfully!) *but* -- mods, if I'm wrong, feel free to delete this post. I don't want trouble!

I'm looking for a mATX socket 939 motherboard. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one, please PM me. Thanks!

Freebies: just pay mailing cost

viper V770 32mb agp card
MX480EL 64mb agp card
AG260G 8mb agp card
pormise ultra 66 ide pci card
Quantum fireball EX ide hdd either 6gb or 10gb still good

edit: does anyone have a charger for a Palm Zire 71?

Last edited:
"Quantum fireball EX" Heh, that brings back memories...

I have an 85meg (!) Quantum Prodrive ELS from my first computer (386 box, built in 92, was mine two or three years later). That computer still works (after a trio of rebuilds) and last I powered up the drive (2-3 years ago), it was fine except for a single bad sector. Not bad!

...I need to see if that thing still works... just for shits&giggles... should be fun :p tricky bit is that it's too old to do the autodetect/autosetup thang that modern HDDs do, so you have to manually set it up, lol...

*ahem*

hope you move that stuff, it sounds like good vintage-ish hardware... and I know you're a good dude ;)

Anyone here have leftover thermal paste?

Some cities have computer stores that sell the cheap white stuff for $1. My computer store has insane prices for everything ($18 for a VGA cable).

Try this shit --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/370604520347

It's actually copper (turns green fast when it gets under my fingernails lol) -- I do believe the seller is trying to be funny labeling it as "gold" -- but it's super cheap and it's surprisingly effective. My local tech shop gets this stuff a quart ziploc at a time and then throws me the leftovers for free because holy shit that's a lot of thermal goop. I'd give you mine, but I only take one or two tubes at a time so that I don't feel like I'm mooching.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Try this shit --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/370604520347

It's actually copper (turns green fast when it gets under my fingernails lol) -- I do believe the seller is trying to be funny labeling it as "gold" -- but it's super cheap and it's surprisingly effective. My local tech shop gets this stuff a quart ziploc at a time and then throws me the leftovers for free because holy shit that's a lot of thermal goop. I'd give you mine, but I only take one or two tubes at a time so that I don't feel like I'm mooching.

I like that. If it's anything like the cheap copper antiseize I used as a thermal paste, it probably uses a cheap emulsifier and is prone to being runny. But that stuff did what it needed to do.

Also, this ships from the USA, not China. I'm going to get it if I don't find something locally in the next few days. Thanks!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's actually not been runny at all, for me.

Saw that it shipped from USA -- figured you'd like that ;)

Back