The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

1. 90mm Asus Cooler (Intel)
20211120_082813.jpg

2. 5 fans (EVGA 140mm PWM (x2), Cooler Master 120mm 3Pin (x2), Rosewill 120mm Blue LED PWM (x1).
20211119_090741.jpg

Last edited:
GT 210 1gb? passive cooled card - No bracket. (Lost the full height bracket and never had a half height) Still works.

Free (shipping on me) if you can show me you've participated (given away) stuff in this thread.

Gone to Furious_Styles

Last edited:
GT 210 1gb? passive cooled card - No bracket. (Lost the full height bracket and never had a half height) Still works.

Free (shipping on me) if you can show me you've participated (given away) stuff in this thread.
I'd take that. Let me know if you need me to prove I've given away stuff.

Also I have intel stock coolers still for free and a DP -> mini DP adapter.

Anyone have any AMD Athlon MP processors? (socket 462)
Working to trying to get and old server board working.
Thank you

Does anyone have an older Toshiba Tecra laptop ( Tecra 700CS, 700CT, 710CDT, 720CDT, 730CDT, 730XCDT, 740CDT, 740CDT-NT, T4700, T4800, and T4850CT) that is no longer usable and willing to part with the harddrive caddy w/ the hdd connector?

Also if you know of where i may find one or two , please let me know. Thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone have an older Toshiba Tecra laptop ( Tecra 700CS, 700CT, 710CDT, 720CDT, 730CDT, 730XCDT, 740CDT, 740CDT-NT, T4700, T4800, and T4850CT) that is no longer usable and willing to part with the harddrive caddy w/ the hdd connector?

Also if you know of where i may find one or two , please let me know. Thanks
Not sure how the Toshibia works but I use concreate tiller in to hold in Lenovo hard drives. I cut a 2.5 ish inch piece and stuffed it in the gap to keep it from sliding out.
https://www.amazon.com/Backer-Rod-C...cphy=9018296&hvtargid=pla-1265059359726&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i need one that has the scsi type hard drive connector and ribbon for the hdd

You mean IDE. SCSI was extremely rare in laptops, I've only ever seen two laptops with SCSI in them and they were both Apple.

I dug around in my Toshiba parts pile and didn't find any IDE cables. You may have better luck asking on VCFed.

You mean IDE. SCSI was extremely rare in laptops, I've only ever seen two laptops with SCSI in them and they were both Apple.

I dug around in my Toshiba parts pile and didn't find any IDE cables. You may have better luck asking on VCFed.

i know its ide but the interface looks like scsi. its really 60 pin connector. the pic below is the inside connector of the laptop

I'm in need of a 24VDC 80MM X 25MM fan. In case your wondering it is not for a UPS but for a cheap LED Retrofit the fan cracked at the frame so way beyond some crazy glue LoL!

LED Retrofit showing fan before the incident (I dropped the whole thing it still works with the exception of that fan)

Thanks

LED_Retrofit1.jpg

i know its ide but the interface looks like scsi. its really 60 pin connector. the pic below is the inside connector of the laptop

Ah, that's a Centronics connector. Lot of older buses used it besides SCSI. Never seen one inside a laptop though.

Here's another item i'm looking for. Looking for a Q6600 to see if it will work in a Gateway system. I looked up the mobo and it seems like it will take it. Thanks

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You can get them on fleabay cheap. Here's one for $8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353538112325

There's also the lesser known Q6700, which is a bit faster. Most systems that support the Q6600 also support the Q6700.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174232717421
Thanks thats where i went looking and seen them cheap. I'll try the Q6700. I dont even know why i got this system. An ex-uber rider i keep in touch w/ was cleaning out the man cave of his sisters stuff and told bout a printer. I looked and saw the computer, so i grabbed it. It really needs some serious cleaning on the inside. Already done one system like that and really hate to do another one. I just may tried to give both systems away, AS IS.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Free for the cost of shipping:

Code:
https://imgur.com/a/hIwVRS8

- EzQuest Boa K5266D FireWire External Enclosure with CDR/W Drive Worked previously untested at this point.
- Single Ended Active SCSI adapter? See Photos.
- Tecmar DataVault 4000 / WangDat 3200 IDE tape drive?

Sent to SamirD!

Last edited:
Anyone have use for a x4 620 with atx mobo and 8GB ram? I broke the clip on the aux pcie port but otherwise it's fine, just old and been sitting in my basement. Just pay shipping.

Thanks thats where i went looking and seen them cheap. I'll try the Q6700. I dont even know why i got this system. An ex-uber rider i keep in touch w/ was cleaning out the man cave of his sisters stuff and told bout a printer. I looked and saw the computer, so i grabbed it. It really needs some serious cleaning on the inside. Already done one system like that and really hate to do another one. I just may tried to give both systems away, AS IS.

Anything in the Core 2 era at this point is useless, unless you plan on running Windows 7 or Linux. The processor vulnerability patches in Windows 10 for Spectre, Meltdown, etc. cripple those old CPUs so badly that they feel like Pentium 4 machines. I have a couple of Q6600/Q6700 boards and even maxed out on memory and SSDs, they're painful for anything more than browsing the web. Even a Q9550 feels pedestrian.

They will do fine in Windows 7 and older, if you want to use it as a machine to run old games or software though.

Here's another item i'm looking for. Looking for a Q6600 to see if it will work in a Gateway system. I looked up the mobo and it seems like it will take it. Thanks
Which gateway model? I know many that worked with the q6600 could go all the way to the q9650 (and probably beyond).

i tried several d945g based boards and could never get a q chip to work in them...

The 945 chipset never officially supported quads, it barely supported Core 2 Duos, it was still mostly a Netburst chipset. Some manufacturers like Asus made ugly hacky boards like the P5GC-MX/1333 that supported the full range of C2D processors at the cost of stability and performance, but there were even fewer boards that used black magic to force quads to work.

The fastest officially supported CPU on the 945 chipset is the C2D E6700, not to be confused with the later Pentium Dual-Core E6700, which won't work.

Both have been claimed

You Pay Shipping (I take Zelle or Paypal F&F):

2x WD 640GB Black drives still functional

I don't know if this works and don't have a CPU cooler to check.
EVGA x58 SLI 3X Motherboard
i7 920
OCZ Gold 3x2GB

Last edited:
You Pay Shipping (I take Zelle or Paypal F&F):

2x WD 640GB Black drives still functional

I don't know if this works and don't have a CPU cooler to check.
EVGA x58 SLI 3X Motherboard
i7 920
OCZ Gold 3x2GB
How much you looking for the x58 combo :p

I'm looking for some old Android phones for some projects, I figure this might be a good place to ask, all I need for them is to turn on, completely ok if beat up and even screen damage, but can't be blacklisted or id locked. will pay $10 each, need 10 or so.

I'm looking for some old Android phones for some projects, I figure this might be a good place to ask, all I need for them is to turn on, completely ok if beat up and even screen damage, but can't be blacklisted or id locked. will pay $10 each, need 10 or so.
Do they have to be 4g considering 3g is going away? ir by blacklisted / id locked you mean via google?

Back