The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Anyone happen to have two 10mm 1/4" drive sockets? Would something like this even be worth to ship? Was helping a family member replace a headlight bulb, and both of mines dropped to the bottom of his engine bay :facepalm:. To add to my embarrassment, it turns out we didn't even need to remove the bolts I was trying to remove. I would be open to recommendations of where to buy too. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like Home Depot has their Husky brand for $2.27 each. Unless someone really has extras they want to send out, I'll likely grab a couple of these :).

Home Depot Husky 10mm 1/4" drive socket

Last edited:
Anyone happen to have two 10mm 1/4" drive sockets? Would something like this even be worth to ship? Was helping a family member replace a headlight bulb, and both of mines dropped to the bottom of his engine bay :facepalm:. To add to my embarrassment, it turns out we didn't even need to remove the bolts I was trying to remove. I would be open to recommendations of where to buy too. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like Home Depot has their Husky brand for $2.27 each. Unless someone really has extras they want to send out, I'll likely grab a couple of these :).

Husky is a solid brand as I believe that's what I bought when I lost my 12mm in the same manner. I was shocked that mine didn't fall through the engine bay. I fully expected to hear it bang around underneath one day after crossing some railroad tracks. A couple of years later while changing the oil and checking the oil pan gaskets, I noticed it was wedged perfectly where this one part of the oil pan lip and the block made a nice little shelf. I was able to easily remove it after cleaning off the years of grime of accumulated oil and dust/dirt and then put it back with the rest of the set. :) Here's hoping for the same happy ending for you and your family member. (y)

If you are still looking I have so many spare 1/4 inch sockets I am glad to send you a couple. Let me know.

What is it about cars and the 10MM socket? LoL I gave a friend a set of tools (got it from the family of a friend who passed) which was a socket set and he said the 10MM was missing!
I don't do cars much anymore as most of this was helping my Mom with hers but She passed back in 2017 :(
It is one of the most common sizes, used in tight spaces it is easy to drop.

Mailing them to you today.

does anyone have a broken Surface pro 1 or 2 keyboard I can either have or get keys off of? I cant see paying what amount to 15$ for the 2 missing buttons on ebay :mad:
thanks!

What is it about cars and the 10MM socket? LoL I gave a friend a set of tools (got it from the family of a friend who passed) which was a socket set and he said the 10MM was missing!
I don't do cars much anymore as most of this was helping my Mom with hers but She passed back in 2017 :(
Yep, the 10mm and the 14mm and the 17mm, oh and the occasional 12mm.

And condolences on your loss bro--I lost my mom in 2019. :(

looks way different than this one. My surface is the very first gen. Thanks tho
Even so, check the model number, not the picture as that's maybe how it ended up in the outlet in the first place (someone ordered based on the pic and not the part number).

Even so, check the model number, not the picture as that's maybe how it ended up in the outlet in the first place (someone ordered based on the pic and not the part number).
ok, i just checked, pic matches model in ad but not my keyboard. ohwell

Welp, I guess that this is where Im at now : P

DSC02641.JPG

Posted these on reddit but though I might also post here.
  1. RCA Digital TV Converter - DTA800B1 -
  2. Micro-B Car Chargers - https://imgur.com/a/rzoM8dY
  3. DIY-BGO1 Computer Case - https://imgur.com/a/iUWHfFI

EDIT: uggh... the forum keeps converting to a giant preview on the first link even when I use the add a link button that worked for the last two. Anyone know how to turn that thing off?

All Claimed. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm looking for the following parts for a Dell XPS 8940 if anyone have them available.

1) Dell tower hsf or a Noctua DH-14 that no longer being used.

2) Dell vrm spreaders

3) Dell 2.5" hdd caddie

Last edited:
I’m looking for some DDR2 FBDIMM for a Mac Pro tower 3,1 looking to see if anyone has some they are not using, I’m willing to pay for it if it’s cheap.

I have 2 ssd, free + heatware. Shipping is $5 for 1 via FCM. Send PP address for invoice.

EDIT: Both gone
Intel gone to CaffeineMan
G.skill gone to SamirD

Attachments

• PXL_20220311_153212495.jpg
    PXL_20220311_153212495.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220311_153231024.jpg
    PXL_20220311_153231024.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 0
  • g.skill-60gb-CrystalDiskInfo_20220310182013.png
    g.skill-60gb-CrystalDiskInfo_20220310182013.png