The Kanzius Machine: A Cancer Cure?

aldamon

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm not sure if this is a repost, but I forgot to start a thread about it after I saw it on 60 minutes. Does anyone have any more information about this?

BTW, I have to say potentially curing cancer with pans and hot dogs is more impressive than folding in a pizza box. Sorry relic. :p

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/10/60minutes/main4006951.shtml

The Kanzius Machine: A Cancer Cure?

(CBS) What if we told you that a guy with no background in science or medicine-not even a college degree-has come up with what may be one of the most promising breakthroughs in cancer research in years?

Well it's true, and if you think it sounds improbable, consider this: he did it with his wife's pie pans and hot dogs..........

I wonder if that machine can tell what a hotdog is made out of.

/fires ray gun at hotdog

/return results = leather boot, rat poop, racoon dark meat

But yeah, the dude sounds like a crazy good tinkerer. Hopefully this pan's (no pun intended) out.

I wonder if that machine can tell what a hotdog is made out of.

/fires ray gun at hotdog

/return results = leather boot, rat poop, racoon dark meat

But yeah, the dude sounds like a crazy good tinkerer. Hopefully this pan's (no pun intended) out.

less boot more poop :p

Haven't read the article all the way through yet, but this is the most I've seen on it. I've heard about this a few times now, but nothing much more than a quick blurb before now. I'm certain there was a thread on it over at MPC and I think there was one here a long time ago, but I'm not 100%. Real interesting though, I'll be taking a look at it later on.

As I understand it, the holdup for this kind of technology is going to be the "targeting system" so to speak. They have to figure out a way to target the cancer cells exclusively. 60 Minutes also kind of glossed over the fact that the technology does impact healthy cells around the cancer very slightly. Despite all of this, it looks like a great idea.

Interesting read. aldamon, you are correct that the current obstacle is the ability to target cancer cells exclusively and leave normal cells alone but they are on the right track and this is a excellent hope for everyone :)

Back