The Lian Li Gallery

CIMG1539.jpg

CIMG1540.jpg

CIMG1541.jpg

CIMG1543.jpg

CIMG1544.jpg

Here's my new system, MONOLITH, built around the Lian Li PC-A71B. The case is a dream to work with. It's amazingly large, not intended for the LAN-party box.

Exterior:
monolith_021-full;init:.JPG

You can see my old system, Kool_Killer, based around a Koolance PC-601BW, sitting next to it. The Lian Li is bigger in every dimension.

Interior:
monolith_019-full;init:.JPG

As you can see, tons of hard drive space. The card support was kept only because it helps hide some cables. Lian Li casters were added to the bottom of the case. That was a simple addition that I highly recommend.

As you can see, tons of hard drive space. The card support was kept only because it helps hide some cables. Lian Li casters were added to the bottom of the case. That was a simple addition that I highly recommend.

Leaving that support in for cable management is a great idea, I am gonna look into that for my A77 as that thing is a monster.

that setup is so sick

Hehe imagine my surprise checking out this LL gallery and I see my old build pictures... :D

Thanks for posting them... very flattered. I'm actually beginning a new build that will be somewhat similar to my V1000 but this time around I'm using a 343b cube...;)

rockin it old school with the PC-60 :D

2678456611_102c448411_o.jpg

2679275018_18922f6909_o.jpg

made the window myself, so forgive the unevenness in some areas, it was before i had my dremel :eek:

If you buy some window trim moulding like "u-channel" it will actually help clean it up and make it look less uneven.

Hey everyone. I've got a v1000b plus II on it's way to me (can't wait. i've been looking at them forever, and it will be my first lian li case), and I just had a quick question. i know someone mentioned earlier in this thread, and it's something i noticed as well. since the front has all the holes, you can see the aluminum behind it, which sometimes doesn't look the best. who here that owns the v1000 has painted the metal behind the front black? If so, is the front pretty easy to take off to be able to paint the metal behind it? I can't tell from the pictures, but from the looks, it looks like the front, top, and possibly back are all connected, and are held on by a bunch of rivets. Just wondering if it's worth it to paint the front a flat black or something so you can't see the aluminum through the front of the case. Thanks in advance.

The metal is only really noticable in pictures with flashes. Youll have to de-rivet to paint it.

The metal is only really noticable in pictures with flashes. Youll have to de-rivet to paint it.

yeah, i was kind of wondering if that was the main problem. i'll just have to wait until I see it in person to decide. thanks for the answer though.

I am the proud owner of a V1000B +2 and as such I have never thought that the aluminum behind the front has detracted from the overall look... as a matter of fact it's not really noticeable at all in anything but bright light. To see a V1000 in pictures then to see it in person is quite a contrast in my opinion... I didn't really want one that bad until I saw it in person, then it was love at first sight. To this day, I've actually not found a case that I like better. Alternately, I think it would be quite a cool idea to get a silver colored filter cover for the front intake so that just behind the front mesh would be completely silver... I think this would look pretty nice. I've actually toyed with the idea of getting silver drive bay covers and side panels and having a two tone setup... I may have seen that on these forums somewhere before come to think of it.
I apologize if the post is a bit long winded, but obviously I am a V1000 advocate ;)

CLock3... congrats on the new Lian Li... no matter what configuration you go for, I'm quite sure you'll enjoy it... oh and welcome to the Lian Li club :D

Hey TBK, what's up man? thanks for the input, haha. I'm definitely stoked to see this thing in person. I've always had a thing for them, and recently I was going to get an A05B, but I started thinking and I figured, I would have to do a bunch of things to the A05B to get it how I wanted (window, radgrill with fans on top for better cooling, etc), so why not go all out and just get what I really want deep down, haha. I remember seeing yours for the first time a while back actually and it just made my love for the case grow stronger, haha. But yeah, according to UPS tracking, it will be in my possession this monday, woot! haha. I'll be sure to get pictures up as soon as I get it set up. Oh, and that two-tone idea would be pretty cool to see I think.

Yeah I bought an A05B and while also owning my V1000B and the two just don't compare if you ask me... don't get me wrong, I love the little A05... but I modded it a bit and let my wife use it (just to keep it around). Also, with a few small, quick mods the V1000 has just about the best cable management potential... you gotta love that :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see your new setup when you get that sorted out.

whos up for another rocketfish..

interesting lighting solution, wireless sb-600 in the case :)

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

case4.jpg

Heres My machine.

comppics005sc9.jpg

Specs:
Case: Lian Li PC-7B
CPU: Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 (kentsfield)
MOBO: aBit IP35 Pro
CPU Cooler :Arctic P4
Ram: GSkill 2x2Gb DDR2
Hard Drives: WD Raptor 10k rpm 150GB
WD Caviar 7200 rpm 500GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 8800 gt 512mb
Wireless Card : Edimax
Media Drives : 52x Panasonic DVD
24x Panasonic DVDRW
Power Supply: Rosewill RX-750 (750w)
Fans: Noctua 120mm
60mm (custom bay bracket)
Yateloon 120mmx2 (one with lian li bracket)
Monitors: Hanns-G 19”
Proview 17”
Opsys: Vista 64x

Im going to upgrade the Video Card soon. Its mainly used for music composition and recording. Im not a flashy guy, so i opted out of Getting fans with CC tubes and LED's. It runs at 24C ON PCmark Vantage x64 at 2.4Ghz. I have yet to overclock it. Let me know what you think!

comppics007kp3.jpg

comppics008ow6.jpg

comppics009el1.jpg

comppics010tu8.jpg

002ee4.jpg

Here's my latest... not a whole lot has changed... I just added a white c.c. light tube that can be turned on/off at my desire. I also just added a 1TB Seagate hard drive. Just thought I'd post a few current pics.

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

Nice setup, do you have any more close ups, I want ot see how well your wiring job is???

Here's a couple of my wiring job... although I am going to change a few wires and some of the LEDs around a bit... and I plan on lining the interior with something to give it a sort of padded look too...

green19.jpg

green16.jpg

Sorry about the darkness of the pics, I will take some more with my new Canon XTi when I get finished tweaking my rig tonight... they should be much better.

I just finished modding on my Lian-Li/Rocketfish (for now anyways :D ). I painted the outside with Krylon Blue (2 cans) and finished with 1 can of krylon clear cote. Window was cut out with a jigsaw, top fan holes were done with a 3.5" hole saw. I added a set of industrial casters and a blue LED light, turned out great, I am very pleased.

I was wondering: I have 2 top fans blowing in and 2 blowing out, do you think this is ok? Should I have all of them blowing out? Let me know what you think (PM's are ok).

Here are some pics:

2708937686_b2546a69d3_b.jpg

2708939090_ae7c6c39f4_b.jpg

2708940442_d2d26a37e7_b.jpg

Nice work man. The Rocketfish is one hell of a modder, any which way you take it.. it will always turn out fine. :)

Oh, and you should have all your top fans as exhaust since hot air rises. ;)

V1200's suk for wiring. I fixed up this "bucky edition" that was hacked by frozen cpu.
IMG_2507.jpg
[/IMG]
with the lights on
IMG_2542.jpg
[/IMG]
you dont want to see the before pics.

I finally got the interior lined and I settled on a color. Disregard the hole where the power switch should be, I plan on getting a new one... maybe a Bulgin Vandal. Also disregard the wire that's hanging inside... it belongs to the soon to replaced power switch. I was also thinking of getting some mesh bay covers.

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

LanPirate1, with a few mods/cuts the V1200's actually have a LOT of potential for clean wiring. Some of the best wiring I've seen has been in these cases.

Regardless, nice placement of the radiator and overall a pretty decent job at setting things up.

Now show us those "before" pics. :D

TooBooKoo, did you simply line the interior with some black foam? Also, was your window put onto the stock side panel or is that an entirely new side panel?

LanPirate1, with a few mods/cuts the V1200's actually have a LOT of potential for clean wiring. Some of the best wiring I've seen has been in these cases.

Regardless, nice placement of the radiator and overall a pretty decent job at setting things up.

Now show us those "before" pics. :D

Ok, brace yourselves. I got this case from a friend who wanted me to "tidy it up"
IMG_2498.jpg

This is the exact case, that was ordered.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...me_Radiator_Water_Cooled_Case.html?tl=g1c2s35
I flipped the PSU plate, and modified it to have the main branch of the cabling come out on the back side of the case. The bay-bus was not my idea, those are sooo 2003. I hope he likes it, I think he will.

V1200's suk for wiring.

That is so not true its not even funny. One of the reasons I bought my V1200 was because of the clean wiring potential. Here's what I mean:

DSC_0033resize-3.jpg

DSC_0007resize-4.jpg

No cuts or mods needed. Just well thought out wire component and wire placement. About to strip her down, do some loop cleaning and upgrading soon though.

Back