The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

i noticed how close it comes to the zalman cooler.... pretty cool mod... needs a little cleaning in my book but thats not too important...

Here's a couple of updates on my PC (New 7900GTX)

mypcsmall.jpg

inverted shot of the little monster.

7900GTXsmall.jpg

Haste266 said:
[snip]
my 7800gtx 512mb under water(stasis thermal neptune gpu block)

7800watercool013lowres.jpg

I love how the coolant still glows through the white acetyl. :D

EDIT:

enforcer17 said:
My new project i'm currently working on:
comingsoon2.jpg

Sweet ass.. I am waiting for a pair of the 7900 version of these.. should be here on Teusday with a pair of VF700-Cu LED coolers.

el rolio said:
ooo, i am very much interested in the Cardcooler XT, where can one find such an item?

Just glue a 120mm fan to the side of your card(s).....makes a huge difference in temps.

oh baby.. the door bell rang and I nearly trampled a cat on my way there.. whew

7900GT2.JPG

7900GT3.JPG

7900GT4.JPG

7900GT6.JPG

the fans on these are HIDEOUSLY loud.. lol. my Zalman vf700's are due in tomorrow, and it couldn't be soon enough.. whew.. wow! sounds like air escaping from a car tire! lol but seem to run fine at default OC clocks 550/1630.. going to let them break in for a bit then try some OCing..

Slick cards rev. I love the black PCB that XFX uses.

Why arent you putting them under water?

THX :D

Yeah - I have my conductive pen ready.. going to 1.4v first and am going with air cooling for now.. with a pair of vf700cu's (the led ones).. I have my trusty maze4's here also if air doesn't cut it.. but I think they'll be ok until I want to get more crazy with vmodding.. if 1.4v gets me 650/1800 then I'll be perfectly happy .. we'll see.. right now they'll do 560/1700 with no vmod... maybe more on the memory also.. anyways.. they seem really solid. been gaming and benching since I got them and no issues at all yet. whew.

another couple of pics with UV on.. the top fan don't glow like I thought it would.. oh well, those crap ass fans are coming off tomorrow anyways.. I can't get over how loud they are. lol!

7900GT7.JPG

7900GT8.JPG

EDIT: I already can tell a big difference in Oblivion with these.. my 7800GTXs were getting choppy outside in the bushes... these are glassy smooth.. whew.. very nice!

Looks like im still one of about 3 people that was psychotic enough to put a ZM80D-HP on a 6800 GT hehe, and the other two guys followed my instructions. :cool:

zalman_installed_side_2.jpg

zalman_frontside_close_2.jpg

It's actually quite the cooler on it too, with all fans up it wont go above 68C, and I even knocked the fan wire off of it and didnt notice it for 3 months once, it never went above 73C which is still far below the stock coolers top temp of 87C.

Its a 7950GX2 XXX but because i am a noob i dont know how to upload it.

Shit i bought it and i cant even show off.
:(

One other thing when i bought it was running at 77celcius on idle and then i stuck two 120mm fans on it and now it runs 20 celcius cooler. At 57 celcius.

I was well chuffed. ;)

nooh said:
Its a 7950GX2 XXX but because i am a noob i dont know how to upload it.

Shit i bought it and i cant even show off.
:(

One other thing when i bought it was running at 77celcius on idle and then i stuck two 120mm fans on it and now it runs 20 celcius cooler. At 57 celcius.

I was well chuffed. ;)

www.imageshack.us

Here are some of my video cards i have used in the past.

Cirrus Logic CL5428 VL-BUS 2MB. [Came with my 486DX2 66MHz]

Matrox Millenium II PCI 4MB VRAM [Came with my Pentium II 266MHz Dell]

Orchid Rightous 3D 3DFx Voodoo PCI 4MB [not shown, Got it becuase of GL-Quake)

Canopus Pure 3d II 3DFx Voodoo 2 PCI 12MB [not shown, upgrade from voodoo 1 when all good games used Glide]

Creative 3D Blaster , Nvidia TNT 2 Ultra AGP 32MB (not shown)

ATI Rage 128 AGP [pass down, i didn't use this much]

ATI Radeon DDR AGP 32MB [My first experience with ATI . Got it becuase it was
promising but back then and wanted to play "operation flashpoint" ATI was drivers was full of bugs!!!!]

ASUS Geforce 3Ti AGP 64MB [ Not shown , I got fed up with my radeon!. Got this card so i could play Battlefield 1942, along with a North wood Pentium 4 2.26GHz]

MSI Geforce Ti4600 AGP 128MB [Upgrade from GF3Ti, Should have got the 9700Pro then]

Leaktek A400GT Nvidia Geforce 6800GT 256MB [ Got this becuase of DOOM 3 & Farcry]

Sapphire X1800XT PCI-E 256MB [My second try with ATI. I got this card as part of my interim upgrade. ATI CCC = Crap Crap Crap . but overall driver stability is much better than my first try, still not happy with lack of custom video modes like 1600 x 900.]

Here they are pixellated. :) Center is a load of nvidia stickers from some promotional material from Inno 3d.

IMG_0756Large.JPG

New videocards....
video2.JPG

However these got sent back, I have two physically identical cards that do NOT have bad RAM....sorry for the crappy pic.

Blue Falcon said:
Is it just me or is the Zalman bending that card? :eek:
OOOHH SHIT.......Well, it's been working for quite a while so I don't know. It's a heavy card. Plus there isn't a whole lot of support for it when it's in the case. I like XFX's idea where they put the brace along the side of the card. My keyboard isn't dirty, it's the color filter I put on the image to give the wood its natural look.

xtasyindecay said:
I'm still amazed at the girth of the GTX....
Yeah I had a whopping ONE PCI SLOT left after I installed these beasts. That's where the X-Fi is, sorry Aegia! (If their product is ever worth buying that is)

Damn you jacuzz!!! I still only have 1 and I'm really jealous with the new drivers released today. LOL

My Gainward 7800GS Bliss 512MB AGP in my rig:
gainwardea2.jpg

Terra - That NV Silencer 5 (Rev. 3) is cool and quiet :)

@jacuzz1 - you know that Quad SLI isn't supported with the current offical drivers ?

PoV 7800GTX, watercooled :) the fan at the bottom cools the VRMs ... and i know, the power connector wasn't pluged in when i took the pic ...

sidefullap6.jpg

Anarchy said:
@jacuzz1 - you know that Quad SLI isn't supported with the current offical drivers ?

You're a little off. As of yesterday with the 91.37 beta's, it's supported. You can read about it here

LittleMe said:
Damn you jacuzz!!! I still only have 1 and I'm really jealous with the new drivers released today. LOL

:D BF2 at naitive res 4x TRSSAA 16af I hit 100fps ............mostly in the 80's and even dipped into the 40's once but wow! that was midnight sun

quad-rules.jpg

I'm still #41 and #42 in the queue. I really want my cards to come quick but then again, at this point, I want them to take a really long time so I can jump queues and get G80.

Back