The Official Post Pics of your Boxen/ Folding rigs/ Farms

Here they are...
Laptops
IMG_8968.jpg

my mom computer...
IMG_8970.jpg

and my other ones...
IMG_8969.jpg

Nice boxes all - ya know Loco those HP's are not horrible looking boxes once you remove the 640 stickers the factory plasters over 90% of the face. You should hook your mom up and remove all that crap. ;)

Nice boxes all - ya know Loco those HP's are not horrible looking boxes once you remove the 640 stickers the factory plasters over 90% of the face. You should hook your mom up and remove all that crap. ;)

If it was me I would but she likes stickers....

@LOCO--heh, good to know I'm not the only one who tips up laptops on their sides so they don't get too hot. But--Holy stickers, LOCO!

...And people wonder why I build my own machines...

would the pipe not be pulling cold air in?

That's the exhaust for the ac unit. When air from the room is cooled hot air is generated and it must be exhausted form the room. To suck cooler air in from another room you would just need a fan.

For those with like 10 pc's, what are you using them all for? Some of these setups are pretty sweet. :cool:

Due to a request in another thread to post pictures, I'll rebump this :D

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

These are all in my bedroom, so it's a little crowded, but hey it's worth it. Anyway, I have all the important stuff.....13 game consoles (unlucky number? :eek:), peanut butter, ritz crackers, and a warm bed, so all is well. The window also stays open all day, and with the temperature outside of ~30-40F, it stays a nice mid 60s temperature in here :D

lets revive this thread

threadnecro.jpg

:rolleyes:

thread_necromancer.jpg

:D :D :D

I remember there was a thread with lots of pictures of Pocatello´s farm, so what happened to that?

we need to find all those threads and ask kyle to merge them

sounds good, although that´ll be one heck of a job

na, vB does it for you, you tell it what threads and then the posts get merged by post date/time... so it actually should kinda work ok since the threads were all running at different times...

anyway... pics :)

this is my new dedicated farm...

Picture2-010.jpg

Picture2-012.jpg

the mATX tower at the top is a Pentium D 945 running XP, it is also running TFTPD for netbooting...
all of the HP desktops are Pentium D 945's netbooting using NotFred's PXE setup... (a seperate 2003 box - not pictured - is doing the DHCP)
the two dells at the bottom are also Pentium D 945's and the dell under the mATX tower is a Core2Duo E6750
all the machines are covered by the two HP T1500 UPS'... cover most short power blinks...

Picture2-009.jpg

my workbench...

Picture2-008.jpg

two folders...

Picture2-007.jpg

the IBM box has a Pentium D945 and a MSI GeForce 8800GTX running the SMP client and a Console client... has XP on it... this is my main workbench computer for doing web and stuff... need to replace that POS X-Connect PSU with something that probably isnt going to blow up lol

Picture2-005.jpg

this is my show computer... Pentium D 945... theres usually a PCI card at the bottom when im using it @ a show...

an eCookie to whoever can figure out what the card is... heres a pic...

Picture2-004.jpg

hint, its got a DB-25 and a HD-15 connector... and its not for VGA... additionally the card cost me $1500 lol

Looks like there might be a Freescale chip under the ram, but beyond that I have no clue what it is.

an eCookie to whoever can figure out what the card is... heres a pic...

Picture2-004.jpg

hint, its got a DB-25 and a HD-15 connector... and its not for VGA... additionally the card cost me $1500 lol

Judging by the ram on the board and the IDE connection i'm gonna guess that it's some sort of iRAM drive.

I'm going to go with an old system on a board?
That's what I was going to say--a single-board computer, although I don't think I've ever seen one with a PCI interface before.

FLECOM, that's a nice-looking farm you got there.

Judging by the ram on the board and the IDE connection i'm gonna guess that it's some sort of iRAM drive.

not IDE, and not iRAM

Some sort of data acquisition card.

mmmm cookies. :D

mmm, not really... the DB25 goes to a very special type of projector...

That's what I was going to say--a single-board computer, although I don't think I've ever seen one with a PCI interface before.

FLECOM, that's a nice-looking farm you got there.

it sort of is a SBC but not really... the software loads the show into the RAM on the card so if the computer crashes the show keeps running...

ok another hit... the HD15 is for DMX IN/OUT... and the company that makes it is also the name of a type of anteater lol

not IDE, and not iRAM

mmm, not really... the DB25 goes to a very special type of projector...

it sort of is a SBC but not really... the software loads the show into the RAM on the card so if the computer crashes the show keeps running...

ok another hit... the HD15 is for DMX IN/OUT... and the company that makes it is also the name of a type of anteater lol

Its for sound recording.

Its for sound recording.

nope... no audio in or out of the card... like i said, the point of the card is the DB25... which goes to a very special type of projector :)

nope... no audio in or out of the card... like i said, the point of the card is the DB25... which goes to a very special type of projector :)

another hint pleeeez, how old is this card ? looks ancient to me :p

another hint pleeeez, how old is this card ? looks ancient to me :p

its still in production...

it comes with the software, which is available in intro basic and professional...

google ninjas should be able to find this easily now lol

it´s for a laser projector, designed for laser show production and presentation industry :D

i bet you can make some killer rave parties with that :p

Is it a Pangolin laser controller?

Hmm, I think a ninja edit was involved. :mad:

Never would have thought of that. I did recognize the Freescale logo on the coldfire powering it at least

Back