The official Red Orchestra 2 thread

Game looks fun. Cant wait. But the guy who's playing it needs a better machine, its like im watching a slideshow =/

This is literally my next game.

This should occupy my free time for a LONG time.

Any idea if this game will have any support for Crossfire or SLI scaling since it's not a huge name title?

Any idea if this game will have any support for Crossfire or SLI scaling since it's not a huge name title?

you needs 300fps or something? a single 6950 will murder an UE3 game.

For the record, Alan Wilson did mention in the gamescom interview that cranking up every single setting would tax your system a lot, for people with multi-gpus to enjoy.

you needs 300fps or something? a single 6950 will murder an UE3 game.

For the record, Alan Wilson did mention in the gamescom interview that cranking up every single setting would tax your system a lot, for people with multi-gpus to enjoy.

Just spent dollars to upgrade my rig with the second 6950... it factors into my purchasing decision to know if:

a) Graphical settings will scale well with my rig (hopefully I'm not getting 300 fps and there are sufficient graphical settings to tax my system)
b) I will get good performance from my recent investment (Crossfire scaling)

I'm enjoying BF BC2 now and with BF3 on the horizon... these are things I'd like to know before I purchase another game.

I am going to watch this thread very closely for you guys to tell me if it is still has hardcore and unforgiving as the first or if they toned it down for the masses.

I am going to watch this thread very closely for you guys to tell me if it is still has hardcore and unforgiving as the first or if they toned it down for the masses.

From what i have read there is going to be different "Modes" So it will be dependent on the server you connect to. I will let you know once i have a chance to test the beta out tonight.

Recent news from their server administration part is showing the server portion to be severely CPU hogging, 64 player servers are not likely to be the norm as CPU's to effectively run it are all above 1k server wise :(

Apparently they finished the beta and Valve has it now. So hopefully we can play soon.

Someone please let us know if eyefinity/surround works with a proper, centered HUD. I'm waiting to hear about this :)

Is the beta supposed to have multiplayer? Says 2420 players online, 0 servers online.

Im enjoying the beta..plenty of full servers..kinda laggy...but thats to be expected.

Can't play :(, keep crashing at server list or when I click instant match, seems to be a common bug from all the other people having the same problem on the forums.

Downloading the beta now. There went any chance of getting some sleep tonight.

9XJjz.jpg

ESKbz.jpg

DYO41.jpg

wzNPQ.jpg

XvwMa.jpg

VLueq.jpg

spyun.jpg

OYMGU.jpg

DlZte.jpg

wE5A0.jpg

IzaPH.jpg

GuwVU.jpg

UzK99.jpg

hwiH7.jpg

NgBh6.jpg

vAwZF.jpg

5X8xS.jpg

PBSED.jpg

rkiPg.jpg

NukiL.jpg

Def4V.jpg

fZp5z.jpg

cVhow.jpg

ifAil.jpg

0Sma5.jpg

3yLPb.jpg

uMNNR.jpg

hWhwP.jpg

P8uk3.jpg

In15C.jpg

0TygX.jpg

c7c8c.jpg

FbyGa.jpg

80yg1.jpg

5InKn.jpg

4kdrU.jpg

uWBEj.jpg

Wa2dv.jpg

7eDUN.jpg

lOuem.jpg

Zg3Fq.jpg

vx48k.jpg

REsZR.jpg

tLMz3.jpg

PKKNq.jpg

yIzEw.jpg

6Nml3.jpg

u7mzL.jpg

20Y4b.jpg

KUxQ7.jpg

XvFeQ.jpg

s4lvx.jpg

5k8yx.jpg

XxV1A.jpg

zxip3.jpg

Gomym.jpg

fkViM.jpg

Vs2X5.jpg

GzZam.jpg

Last edited:
Just excitedly restarted Steam in order to install the Beta, and got an error message about steam crapping its pants and needing to be reinstalled. What luck.

Another long week of redownloading my game library at 300kb/s to look forward to. But never mind, Steam is the future and the best thing since tits on toast and blither and noise and buhhrr

Just excitedly restarted Steam in order to install the Beta, and got an error message about steam crapping its pants and needing to be reinstalled. What luck.

Another long week of redownloading my game library at 300kb/s to look forward to. But never mind, Steam is the future and the best thing since tits on toast and blither and noise and buhhrr

Copy your common folder outside of steam folder, reinstall steam, start reinstalling game, close steam, put game back, launch steam, verify files.

Copy your common folder outside of steam folder, reinstall steam, start reinstalling game, close steam, put game back, launch steam, verify files.

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't think to copy the common folder before giving it the go-ahead, so eager was I to get red orchestra-ing. I'll bear this trick in mind in case it happens again though.

I was only able to launch the game for a few minutes before heading to work today. Took a minute to get Surround working, From there i was ok. The menu's seemed really laggy but once i was in game i was getting 60 FPS or so maxed out 3772 X 1920 4x AA.

The game looked better than i was expecting overall it felt really good and very similar to the original. I will give some more information when i get chance to play it for more than 5 minutes.

Server browser screen is hugely laggy for me too, for want of a better word. Drops down to 1 FPS and locks up for 5-10 second periods.

Game's promising, though. Not familiar with the original so the interface is new to me and seems quite unintuitive but that might just be the fact that I've been awake 24 hours. Bothers me that you get the "you are bleeding, hold CTRL to bandage" message as soon as you take any damage, no matter the terms. Considering that 90% of the time if you are hit you are instantly dead it seems a bit redundant to have it mocking you at the bottom of the screen as your corpse slithers down a hill.

Back