The Punisher demo... any good?

Violence and gore. Run around and shoot, pistolwhip, or smack baddies in the face with your shotgun.

My brother loves it. It sill needs polish though.

I like it, but I'm a bias Frank Castle fan. I love the Punisher.

I don't really get the torture system though. Movjing the mouse up and down, no one gave up info, even the guy with a skull over his head, I just ended up killing them.

odoe said:
I like it, but I'm a bias Frank Castle fan. I love the Punisher.

I don't really get the torture system though. Movjing the mouse up and down, no one gave up info, even the guy with a skull over his head, I just ended up killing them.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

OMG...I can see wifes of Senators getting ahold of this.

CRAZINESS.....what do ya know i put in the movie "the punisher" and come online to see whats new and i see a thread about the game "the punisher" lol im dl'ing it now to check it out

Is it as good as the Punisher Arcade/Sega Genesis game (the one where Nick Fury is the 2nd player) :)?

:D

The punisher movie sucked ass so much...it could have been so much more....

Getting the demo now, will try it out in the morning. Hopefully it will be better than the movie.

This game is garbage. It's a lot like MAX PAYNE.....but it isnt MAX PAYNE.

It's basically Max Payne without bullettime - but with a ton of hilarious ways to kill people.

I thought it was kinda dull at first when I tried to play it exactly like Max Payne, but then I realized the fun in this game doesn't rely on the run and gun, but rather how many different ways you can kill people.

After shoving a grenade down a guy's mouth, watching him run around screaming in panic and his friends cowering in fear at the sight of the Punisher, I just cracked up

When you guys play the demo, try to break out the Max Payne run and gun mentality - run up grab people, quick kill people and play around with the new system they grafted onto the gunplay.

is there any way to change the sensitivity ...and that has GOT to be THE SHORTEST demo i have EVER played

no way to change mouse sensitivity in the demo

and yeah, i thought it was way too short, even for a demo

how did you stuff a grenade down some guys throat?
i must have missed that special kill spot.

odoe said:
how did you stuff a grenade down some guys throat?
i must have missed that special kill spot.
Go up to them, without grabbing them, and press the quick kill, and it'll perform 101 ways to kill a person...

I tried to play it, but on my GF4Ti4600, at 640x480, I couldn't find ways to adjust graphics detail and was getting "Seconds per Frame". It looks like it'd be amusing - if it'd work properly.

So far, all 101 ways to quick kill somebody have been "turn them around and pop a cap in their face"

My only comments are I really hope they tune the mouse on the torture bits and either remove the bleeps or write the script so they don't say things that need bleeping.

I've seen :

Punisher kicks a guy to the ground, and shoots them in the back with the shotgun.

Punisher picks up a guy with one hand, and shoots him in the groin with the submachine gun/pistol.

Punisher sticks a grenade in the guy's mouth (requires you to pick up grenades first).

Punisher slashes a guy's neck with his giant knife.

Punisher stabs a guy in the forehead with his giant knife.

Punisher tosses his shotgun at the enemy, takes out his submachine gun/pistol and shoots him.

Punisher swings his shotgun once and slams the enemy in the knee, then takes a second swing and cracks his skull open.

Punisher one handedly points the shotgun barrel at a guy's stomach.

EekTheKat said:
I've seen :

Punisher kicks a guy to the ground, and shoots them in the back with the shotgun.

Punisher picks up a guy with one hand, and shoots him in the groin with the submachine gun/pistol.

Punisher sticks a grenade in the guy's mouth (requires you to pick up grenades first).

Punisher slashes a guy's neck with his giant knife.

Punisher stabs a guy in the forehead with his giant knife.

Punisher tosses his shotgun at the enemy, takes out his submachine gun/pistol and shoots him.

Punisher swings his shotgun once and slams the enemy in the knee, then takes a second swing and cracks his skull open.

Punisher one handedly points the shotgun barrel at a guy's stomach.

this game sounds like a lot of fun
cant wait to play it

That game was dumb. yeah, the quick kills were cool, but that'll get old really fast. and unlike Max Payne, you only have 2 gun slots, even if you can wield dual guns it's kinda lame for such an arcade-y shooter.

some screens
56k beware

pun1.jpg

pun2.jpg

pun3.jpg

pun4.jpg

pun5.jpg

pun6.jpg

pun7.jpg

pun8.jpg

pun9.jpg

wow, that demo was so short... considering i got past the first half of it with that guy as a hostage, so i didnt need to shoot anyone up until the bridge.

Is it just me or did anyone else have a hard time controlling where you were shooting?

Guess I'm just over sensitive to other FPS.

Being The (old, not Ennis) Punisher fan I am, this was fun, but short. (Going to have to play around with the quick kills some more. I got him to bust a guy in the head with the shotgun and one in the stomach. I did actually get him to toss a guy when I accidently hit quick kill.)

I saw mention of a knife, where did y'all find it?

Press the TAB buton and you go into some sort of savage mode.

Back