The Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 demo is everything I wanted it to be

erek

[H]F Junkie
" The Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 demo launches on August 14, a few weeks before the full game launches on September 4. You’ll only get access to the demo through a digital pre-order, and on PC that means you’ll be going through the Epic Games Store. The demo will feature a modernised take on the Warehouse, the very first stage from the original game. "

"But the demo as it exists is an exercise in restraint and showmanship. It’s the sort of statement you release when you know that you’ve done enough crucial things well, and that a small taste will be enough to get people excited. It’s a minimum working version that’s hopefully indicative of the final game.

If you loved the first two Tony Hawk games, this demo will get you even more excited to see how the rest of the levels look and play when Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 is released on PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One on Sept. 4."

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/12/21363724/tony-hawk-remaster-demo-impressions-1-2-ps4-xbox-one-pc

A demo of the game as a Pre-Order bonus? makes no sense, lol.
Should be a free demo to see if you want to pre-order the game.

I read some time ago that demos before purchase lower total number of sales for games.

I read some time ago that demos before purchase lower total number of sales for games.

That seems to be a common belief among publishers, but it really seems like a correlation does not equal causation situation to me.

That seems to be a common belief among publishers, but it really seems like a correlation does not equal causation situation to me.

Seriously, it's like complaining that more people see your advertisement than buy your product.

Tony Hawk is a game where for 50% of the people who download the demo, simply replaying the demo levels will be enough to scratch the itch and they won't need to buy it......it is a good arcade time wasting kind of game but it's more a mobile style game at this point than something I'd pony up to my pc/console to do for hours at a time.

Preordered on amazon for ps4. It's a game I wouldn't mind playing through the story again, and I needed an arcade-ish game for my ps4.

Goat simulator is almost there, but there's no real storyline and the "missions" are well hidden and strewn about randomly. Prefer a bit more structure in my games.

It is a hard to test because you can only launch once so I agree. The desire to not want a demo, in my opinion, means the publisher would really know that playing it will not make someone want to buy it as much as watching an ad would. For me demos have gone both ways and really depends on the game.

I probably still have 50 or more of those PCGamer magazine demo discs, every now and then I stumble upon them in a drawer and go "Wow, remember those pre-cable/DSL days...". Then, I dust off my rotary phone and wonder how crazy is is to think that Arnold Schwartzenegger thinks he can be a politician and......

I was in SF and at the X games event when Tony Hawk landed the 900 back in 99. At just 12 years old this was the fucking most rad moment in my early years. Have been a huge fan of his ever since.

Got my son into skate boarding recently, and we're looking forward to this version.

Demo or no demo, it's been a while since I've enjoyed a good skate game (Skate 1). Looking forward to it.

Back