The Witcher

Hmm, the 16th? GoGamer shows the US version out on the 19th and the Euro version out on the 22nd...

Oh well...I just pre-ordered the Enhanced edition! wo0t :D

Is it true that the Enhanced Edition will be free for those who already own the original?

Is it true that the Enhanced Edition will be free for those who already own the original?

I just popped over to the website again, and they have a new news posting:

TheWitcher.com @ 09/16/2008 said:
If you already own The Witcher, you will be able to get a downloadable version of the Enhanced Edition totally for free starting September 19. If you’re somehow able to resist getting your copy right now.

Does anyone know when on the 16th this download is available on Steam?

Indeed. I just pre-ordered the game just it isn't available yet. Well I just bought Bioshock as well so I have something to do since I saw that they reduced it's price to 20$.

Just pre-ordered the game too...played the demo last night and it was interesting enough to get my attention. Been looking for a good RPG to play for awhile now. Hopefully it will be available to download on Steam here in a few hours.

Will the Enhanced version still have the Mature content attached? such as cursing and nudity? . Reason I ask is because I own the European version and am considering buying the EE, I havent beaten the game yet and would like to play through the EE.

If you get the European version, yes.

The NA version is still censored.

Gogamer.com is selling the UK edition of the enhanced edition.

Will the Enhanced version still have the Mature content attached? such as cursing and nudity? . Reason I ask is because I own the European version and am considering buying the EE, I havent beaten the game yet and would like to play through the EE.

If you have the original version just download the EE content for free on the 19th I believe...

It's downloadable from Steam now. but the estimated download time says 7 hours. OUCH!

Love the game. Months ago when I was playing through it, I heard about the enhanced version, immediately stopped playing and I've been waiting ever since.

im trying to play, but theres something wrong. its like when you alt+tab a valve game and you get all that flickering going on for visual environment. driver incompatibility?

Just picked up the EE version and I am very impressed with the amount of additional package content included. It is one of the better "Special" Edition I have seen in a long time. I had thought about picking up the game months ago but decided to hold off for this version. I am sure I will be glad I did. I also have Crysis: Warhead and Stalker :Clear Sky to install so it may be a while before I really get into the game but that is what my upcoming 90 day deployment is for. :)

Quick Question. Is there a way to "swap" out the texture, animation, or whatever between the US Censored version and the European one? If so, anyone know how and where to get said content? I don't have to have that content but it would be nice to play the game as it was intended without prudish sensibilities interfering seeing as how I'm an adult and all.

Just picked up the EE version and I am very impressed with the amount of additional package content included. It is one of the better "Special" Edition I have seen in a long time. I had thought about picking up the game months ago but decided to hold off for this version. I am sure I will be glad I did. I also have Crysis: Warhead and Stalker :Clear Sky to install so it may be a while before I really get into the game but that is what my upcoming 90 day deployment is for. :)

Quick Question. Is there a way to "swap" out the texture, animation, or whatever between the US Censored version and the European one? If so, anyone know how and where to get said content? I don't have to have that content but it would be nice to play the game as it was intended without prudish sensibilities interfering seeing as how I'm an adult and all.

BTW all that the censored edition does is make the cards a little less nude. With the enhanced edition the laungage is basically the same so all your missing is a little nudity. I decided it wasn't worth the time to track down the European version since I'm basically missing nothing anyways.

Looks like The Witcher EE is on both Steam and Stardock Impulse for the same price. Personal preference aside, which one would be better? For example, I heard that the Impulse version lacked DRM...

I'm still waiting for the 19th. I have the original version, and the Enhanced Edition is coming out as a patch v1.4 on the 19th.

I'm looking forward to downloading it (1.5GB patch :eek:). I haven't spent too much time on the original, playing on super easy mode, so I'll probably start over with a Normal campaign with the Enhanced.

From the Steam forums.

The Steam version doesn't include Tages, as far as I know.
Tom, CDP RED

I just bought the witcher tonight at bb. I'm slowly getting my feet wet with rpgs but after reading so many great things about this game I chose it over mass effect and warhead for the time being. I just installed it but if the 1.4 enhanced edition patch comes out tomorrow (or today) i'll wait before I get started.

I just bought the witcher tonight at bb. I'm slowly getting my feet wet with rpgs but after reading so many great things about this game I chose it over mass effect and warhead for the time being. I just installed it but if the 1.4 enhanced edition patch comes out tomorrow (or today) i'll wait before I get started.

The Witcher > Mass effect I played both you made a good decision. Can't really compare Warhead though another different animal all together.

Just got the Enhanced Edition... sits nicely beside my euro collectors edition :D Can't wait to see what all has changed.

Hahaha I love a developer that doesn't mind PR-risky update descriptions:
No more bugs, no more problems, all the previous issues have been fixed, so that now you can play without the will to blow your head off.

If you have the UK uncensored version of the game and you install the patch, does it become the US censored one?

If you have the UK uncensored version of the game and you install the patch, does it become the US censored one?

I doubt it'll convert your game to a censored version.

Is the downloadable EE patch out yet? I can't check here at work. I should be it's the 19th!

Yeah Witcher is definitly better than overglorified shooter wannabe rpg aka "Mass Effect" if you like hardcore RPG.

Altrough it's a diffrence beetween briliant and very good game :)

Looks like the EE content patch is available:

Link

Also, the FAQ for the content patch (and a more straight forward access to the files).

Just a quick reminder for those of us with the UK import version of the game - be sure to download the UK / Great Britain language file.

Anyways, let the good times roll. I'm pretty eager to try out those new adventures Price of Neutrality (released a while ago, but I never played it) and Side Effects, plus go down the Scoia'tael path this time around.

Looks like the US language and UK language pack are the same link. So hopefully makes no difference.
Be sure to read the FAQ especially if you have a WIndows XP x64. It doesn't specifically mention Vista 64 so not sure if they mean that OS also.

Back