Thermalright HR-03 questions

Yeah, difference is Video Card compatibility.

I used a 92mm Nexus Real Silent on mine, which is very quiet and performs very well. :) Newegg doesn't stock them though, so someone with more knowledge on 92mm fans will have to reply :(

You need the HR-03GT, none of those you listed will fit a G92 GTS

Also you can use 120mm fans using the default clips

Just bought a friend a PC with an 8800gts 512mb, and I gave him a very similar OC (750/1040). With the fan on the GPU raised to 50% through Rivatuner, full load temps are at under 60c.

My 8800GS 512 with 750 core, 1050 ram & stock heatsink, 60% fan all the time, I'm around 45-50 0% load, and it goes up mid 60's under load, maybe up to around 70's. Kinda high in my book, and if I would buy that cooler, I'm buying a 9800GTX after I seem some benches.

I just pulled my HR-03 off my 7900GT in wait of the 8800GT I ordered the other day... I looked on Thermalrights site and the brackets look identical. Am I forced into buying new brackets and ram sinks from thermalright directly? I can't find any retailers that sell them ala carte.

You need the HR-03GT, none of those you listed will fit a G92 GTS

Also you can use 120mm fans using the default clips

*Bumping this thread since it goes with what I'm looking for*

I just bought a HR-03 Rev A for my 8800 GTS 512. Is it true that you can use a 120mm fan the default clips? I'm looking for a fan, but I don't know if I should go with a 120mm or 92mm fan. Also can someone recommend me a good fan? I'm going to be overclocking it, but I don't want a loud fan.

Not sure about the 120mm fan w/ default clips, but someone else said it would work with a previous Rev HR. Good 120mm fan = (Low/Med Speed) Yate Loon, Scythe S-Flex (Speedstream are good case fans, ok for heatsinks), and I personally have a couple green LED Apevia fans from newegg. The 120mm Apevia's are rated @ about 60cfm and 30Dba, mine are run on a pci-slot fan controller because they seem to push a good amount of air even when toned down, idk what it is but they're a bit noisy @ full. Apevia's are not Yate Loons or Scythes, I suppose.

120mm fans will work with the hr-03GT.. actually used the original fan that came on my TT big typhoon VX which did 80 cfm at 2k rpms i think.. cant remember the exact number.. but i ended up getting rid of the cooler for the duorb instead on my 8800GT..

I just bought a HR-03 Rev A for my 8800 GTS 512. Is it true that you can use a 120mm fan the default clips? I'm looking for a fan, but I don't know if I should go with a 120mm or 92mm fan. Also can someone recommend me a good fan? I'm going to be overclocking it, but I don't want a loud fan.

yes, the clips have very good tensile strength, so even though you think you might break the clips they won't.

120mm fan will fit on all HR-03 variants (Plus, R600, RevA, non-RevA, GT)

As for fan, it only needs minor airflow for great performance, I've used all sorts, ended up with a no-name ~1200rpm sleeve fan at 5V.

I'm using a 92mm and the card never goes over 50C, even while playing Crysis.

Back