Think Apple will announce a refresh to the HD Cinema Displays?

Hoping so. They did intro the flat-panel cinema displays at WWDC in 2004.

I'm looking to see what 30" offering they might have.

As much as we all would like that, im not hopeful. Usually there is something leaked about things like that and so far no one has said anything about displays.

Surely, Apple won't stick with the current product choices indefinitely? Eventually, they will have to commit to a new and more modern product line as all manufacturers need to.

Fingers crossed, its definitely coming in the next little while though I am starting to fear its not WWDC but maybe in August .... :confused:

If they do I hope it has more than one DVI input. I'd probably run out and buy one right away if they released a new one with two or more inputs.

If they do I hope it has more than one DVI input. I'd probably run out and buy one right away if they released a new one with two or more inputs.
Apple would have to do a lot more than that if they want me to purchase another display from them. They are generally overpriced and under-featured for their targeted markets (price range). The picture quality isn't that great despite being IPS, but that's to be expected given the age of the panels, which brings us back to the original premise of this thread.

Nope, no update and still ancient.

Looks like NEC is still the one to beat right now.

Nope, no update and still ancient.

Looks like NEC is still the one to beat right now.
NEC has an incredible picture even if it lacks some of the features found on Gateway displays. Apple is downright blah compared to either of these.

No kidding, and there is that bloody expensive XL30. I'm so disappointed by this years WWDC. stupid phones, is that all they think about now

No kidding, and there is that bloody expensive XL30. I'm so disappointed by this years WWDC. stupid phones, is that all they think about now

The new iPhones are a joke too. Not only that but they are increasing the price of the monthly plan. iPhone maybe $200-300 now but the data plan is now $30 instead of $20. Thats around $80 a month for the basic 450min plan. I hate Apple, greedy bastards.

Looks like Apple is making tons with the mobile division and sees it fitting to ignore its other product lines. :rolleyes:

Are we really expecting anything special from Apple? Unless a panel manufacturer releases a new panel, it'll be what's in the Dell and NEC today with a fancy housing and the Dell and NEC housings are pretty nice to me. And you bet it'll cost at least the same as the Dell. So again, what can Apple offer?

I don't know what's going on in the 30" market. The monitors seem to be getting more expensive with each generation, not less. I suppose it does make sense. 24" monitors are satisfying the overwhelming majority of people. Who really wants a 30" besides people who work with media for a living or regulars on an display forum on the internet?

Apple was the first company to introduce the 30" monitor. They got exclusive use of the panel for a year. The same thing happened with Intel's special edition 3.0GHz quads they used in the Mac Pro. There's no reason not to think that they had some exclusive deal for a LED backlit panel that nobody knew about yet.

As for size, there is never to much screen real-estate - and its not just media. Programming is so much better when you can have a ton of windows open, spread out your work and not have to constantly switch between different files. Debugging same thing.

Back