This is sad 6800Ultra for $999!!!

No one will buy it for that much. He shouldn't have been so greedy. At least he's going to get hit pretty hard by fees when it doesn't sell.

sonyman said:
That is fucking gay. I got my 6800 Ultra for $499+tax at Best Buy.

Scott
You should sell yours on ebay! You can get 2 for SLI at the price they are selling for! :D

OMG! someone is gonna pay $1400!! If my pre-buy ever shows up on my 6800U or my X800XT-PE ill sell them both on ebay and keep my X800Pro.

saturnine2 said:
You should sell yours on ebay! You can get 2 for SLI at the price they are selling for! :D
lol! But then what would I play DOOM3 with?

Scott

sonyman said:
That is fucking gay.

I'll betcha you wouldnt be saying that if someone was about to give you $1K for a video card that you have to sell.

that being that, I say more power to the seller(s). if people are silly enough to pay that kind of loot them so be it.

ozziegn said:
I'll betcha you wouldnt be saying that if someone was about to give you $1K for a video card that you have to sell.

that being that, I say more power to the seller(s). if people are silly enough to pay that kind of loot them so be it.
No, I probably wouldn't. :p

Scott

pxc said:
He shouldn't have been so greedy.

oh pleeeeeease! give me a break.

so you're saying that if you had the oppertunity that you would do the same thing?

At least he's going to get hit pretty hard by fees when it doesn't sell.

uhhh, if the item doesnt sell then all he'll have to pay is the normal listing fee which probably isnt over $2 at most.

Well, i am going to sell my replacement and go with another brand. i am asking $499+shipping. I will post once i get it here. I won't even open it up at all, just sell it.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
some people act like some ebay sellers are commiting crimes or something by getting the high prices that they're getting which is total BS and everyone knows it.

what business is it of people how much an item goes for? if the buyer and the seller are both happy, then I say the hell with whatever else anyone has to say. ;)

Sold for: US $1,400.00 (Reserve met)
Ended: Jul-02-04 20:01:17 PDT
Start time: Jul-02-04 13:04:28 PDT
History: 10 bids (US $1.00 starting bid)
Buyer: blackwalkingfish( 117)

:eek:

With Doom3 coming in ~2 weeks and no sign of the 6800Us, I bet even more of this is going to be going on. I paid a premium for my 6800U but nowhere near the gouging that some of those Ebay guys are charging but you know, after weeks or looking and looking, sometimes its just easier to pay a little extra and just get it over with.

true but to the extent of that bid edges of the verge of complete stupidity. that seller is walking away one happy guy. one option would be to go buy a GT and oc to ultra speeds. well sometimes determination drives people too far. it will be interesting what happens

I have a BFG 6800GT OC that is overclocked to Ultra speed. I'll sell it for only 799.00. Any takers? :p

MadFlava said:
With Doom3 coming in ~2 weeks and no sign of the 6800Us, I bet even more of this is going to be going on. I paid a premium for my 6800U but nowhere near the gouging that some of those Ebay guys are charging but you know, after weeks or looking and looking, sometimes its just easier to pay a little extra and just get it over with.

A little extra! A LITTLE EXTRA! Oh my wowzers... looks like Saudi oil tycoons love Carmack too ;) I seriously can not imagine having that much money to blow on a graphics card that isn't even worth 1/3 that price.

"It's good to be the king" - Mel Brooks

:eek: Seriously NO card is worth that much.Well not to me at least anyways maybe im just a tightass lmfao :p

pxc said:
No one will buy it for that much. He shouldn't have been so greedy. At least he's going to get hit pretty hard by fees when it doesn't sell.

Actually he won't get hit hard by fees unless it does sell. Other than that he just has about a $3 posting fee and some other small fees. He gets to keep reposting for free if it doesn't sell and I'm sure eventually some moron will come along and buy it

Back