This sucks - eVGA said NO step-ups for the 7900GTO's . . .

Brahmzy

Supreme [H]ardness
They said it's a limited availablity card and no step-ups will be offered.

Complete and utter BS IMO. My 7900GT's got 4 days left on it's step-up.

Sorry if this is a repost.

Clarify, no step ups to the 7900 GTO from another card? Or no step ups to a new card (G80) if you buy a GTO?

If the latter is the case it just goes to further the ongoing theory that nVidia is dumping as much of the 'potentially flaky' first version 7900 GTX cards as they can. eVGA knows it as well as we do... and they sure don't want to be stuck with these cards again through their own step-up offering.

I sure hope they don't pull the lifetime warranty on these cards as well, that would REALLY suck ass.

i think hes saying he cant step up to a gto from his old 79gt. I guess cus its limited stock, evga wants new customers who are paying full price(not trading in) to get them. I guess evga may try to gain marketshare with new customers using their gto stock.

They never allowed Step Ups to limited release cards. No change there.

Well - they're in crunch time for the G80 release and the step up program causes a lot over overhead on them taking in and swapping out cards..

Im confused, so does this mean that I can't step my 7900 gto up to a G80 this winter, or does it mean that someone with another card cant step up to a 7900 gto?

i just called evga. i asked him if i have 7900gto and i want to step up like gx2 and he say okay. so that mean if i have 7900gto and i want to step up like g80. that mean it is okay.

is that correct.

Good grief people.

This is not that hard.

Stepping up TO a 7900GTO is impossible. Stepping up FROM a 7900GTO is possible.

Aw, man. That was my original plan for stepping up my 7900GT. Oh well. Guess I'll have to go to a 7950GT and just OC until it's equal. The only difference is that I'll end up using a VF900 with the 7950.

Brahmzy said:
Good grief people.

This is not that hard.

Stepping up TO a 7900GTO is impossible. Stepping up FROM a 7900GTO is possible.

That's what I'm saying...

same applied to their Signature Series cards......you can only step up to a faster Signature Series card from a Signature Series card, can't step up from any other non-Signature Series card to a Signature Series card

same difference, limited runs, limited supply, new money only

Brahmzy said:
They said it's a limited availablity card and no step-ups will be offered.

Complete and utter BS IMO. My 7900GT's got 4 days left on it's step-up.

Sorry if this is a repost.

dude it's not like it;'s that big a step up anyways :rolleyes:

What it really means is you can only step up to what eVGA says you can step up to.

For the money I'd just flat out buy the 7900GTO.....it IS the top of the line in sheeps clothing. :D

Excellent, at first, I thought you were talking about buying a 7900GTO meant you couldn't step up after that. Now after reading the thread, wheww, I'm glad I'll still have the choice to go to DX10.

i have serious doubts if they will be allowing G70 to G80 step ups

maybe, maybe not, but lets just say, i would not be surprised if they didn't allow that kind of step up

Back