TigerDirect "Killers" Sweepstakes (SR-2)

Nessus85

2[H]4U
For those that haven't seen it here is the webpage for tigerdirect's current sweepstakes.

http://winakillerpc.com (Link thanks to InvisiBill)

Killer PC Specs

* CPU: Two (2) Intel Xeon 5680 Six-Core Processors
* Motherboard: EVGA Classified SR2 Motherboard
* Memory: 24GB Corsair Tri-Channel DDR3 Memory
* Video Cards: Four (4) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Video Cards
* Hard Drive: Two (2) 2TB Hard Drives
* Solid State Drive: 160GB Intel SSD Drive Solid State Drive
* Optical Drive: BluRay/DVD Burner
* Power Supply: EVGA Classified SR-2 Power Supply
* Case: Custom One-of-a-Kind “Killers” Case
* Monitors: (3) 3D Ready Acer Monitors
* 3D Glasses: NVIDIA 3D Glasses

Runs until June 24th

I mean WOW! I know the chances of winning are slim but wow, I am speechless. Can you imagine the PPD you could get with this thing?! :eek:

Last edited:
you have to right click > copy link location > paste > enter. the stupid Fckin redirects that they have on the forums break the link.

Gee. That "One of a kind custom 'killers' case" looks awfully like a Corsair 800D to me... :D

you can enter once per email address... so time to make a few hundred email addresses on the exchange server brb lol

I wonder if you win the grand prize if you can trade it for the PC? lol

The link did not work for me...

but the entry form can be found on the home page.

You have to subscribe to their email blasts. And you have to confirm your entry. So pay attention! I want the [H]orde to win this one!

Fine print says each person can only enter once.

I entered!!! I better win! cause I hate spam, and I think I just signed up for a crap load of it!!!

Holy shit that's a crazy rig!!
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

It's a 200K ppd killer. That right there basically ties with all the top [H] farms except tigers all by it's self. I want one but don't live in the US.:(

The links are broken and it isn't on the mainpage either. As a result, I typed "sweepstakes" into the keyword search box and it popped right up.

original link worked for me and i entered.. thanks for the heads up..

In my pants....

I don't win anything either. Infact, I think the only thing I have won was a Motherboard from this forum. Thanks Nitro :)

Now my sisters on the other hand, one just won tickets to Micheal Buble, the other just won backstage passes to Daughtry. :eek: (not that I know who that is, but backstage passes! thats luck)

Entered!

If I ever got this - I'll just throw good BONIC all over this!

I don't win anything by virtue of that fact that I live in New Zealand. I reckon someone should hold a tech giveaway on this site purely for people from New Zealand...

Mmm..... Katherine Heigl...

Oh, entered the drawing as well.

Good Luck all, I can't enter since I work for CompUSA. We did have a good laugh when the sinage came in and we looked up the PC on our website... they had the appox value at $3000 initially... with all the same gear :D

I'd buy that for 3k

With as much iron as this has, it's kind of surprising that there's only a single SSD being provided. Seems like there should have at least been 2 for RAID0 if not 4 for RAID10.

With as much iron as this has, it's kind of surprising that there's only a single SSD being provided. Seems like there should have at least been 2 for RAID0 if not 4 for RAID10.
Yeah that's definitely the bottleneck for this machine.

Anyway, chances are, the winner will just game with it *facepalm

With a rig like that one doesn't "just game"

one owns the game like it's his bitch and shes not been putting out te good money lately, and instead of abusing her he puts he on "maximum whore" (crysis joke lol) mode and literally blows away all competiion

Shit, with a rig like that, you could run smp in a virtual machine and game at the same time.

Unless things have changed (AFAIK they haven't), RAID SSDs do not support TRIM.
TBH buying SSDs for RAID is just more overkill than even probably something you can see (unless you're just buying terrible SSDs).

Things could have changed but that's what I know (as an OCZ Vertex owner). Win7 has native TRIM support, but not in RAID. The only way to TRIM RAID SSDs is to run their Wiper app, or Intel's SSD Toolbox, or [insert mfr. app here based on what drive you have]. ;)

Holy hell, I wonder how much juice that thing would use when running a graphics heavy game.

I entered, would be nice for someone from the [H] to win.

I would say sell one 480 and use the money to get blocks for the other three, replace it with a XFi card or sumtin

beastly rig tho

I would say sell one 480 and use the money to get blocks for the other three, replace it with a XFi card or sumtin

beastly rig tho
I think I'd just send it to Kendrak for tuning, along with a case of beer and some dry-ice packed tamales for his trouble... :D

I entered, but I would facepalm if I ended up winning the grand prize! "You can win a trip to Los Angeles for the premiere of Killers, starring Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl", no thanks...

I entered, but I would facepalm if I ended up winning the grand prize! "You can win a trip to Los Angeles for the premiere of Killers, starring Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl", no thanks...

I wouldnt mind meeting Katherine Heigl and giving her a room key......... not that she would do anything, but at least I could say that I hit on Katherine Heigl.

Back