Time to do a small upgrade? 4870,550watts,slow hdd?

Dudeyourlame

[H]ard|Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Gaming
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
400-500, however if its worth spending 100 more for better video card thats fine
3) Where do you live?
Minnesota, Microcenter is about an hour away
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Video card, possibly psu, possibly a faster hard drive
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
i7 920
EVGA SLI LE Socket 1366
Ram
Antec Neo HE 550( probably need replacing?)
500 gb 3 Gb/s 7200 drive( windows/game install disk could be slowing whole system )
1 TB WD green drive Storage
1 TB WD green drive Storage

6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
24 inch 1920x1200
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Next few months, before skyrim and Battlefield 2, diablo 3
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
N/A
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64 bit

Basically I'm 100% sure ill need a new video card, Which means I'll probably need a new PSU, also worth getting a faster hard drive? Do not want SSD though.

Been eyeballing 6950s obviously open to other suggestions though! Possibly holding off til newer cards come out is also an option

Just wait for the new AMD GPUs that are supposedly coming out in September I think. You are definitely looking at a new PSU.

Back