Tritton AX Pro 5.1

Zaner

n00b
Hey guys this headset looks really cool and I'd love a true 5.1 headset since i play a ton of CS and CoD 4 and games like that
Two questions;
1) Is it worth it lol? anyone tested them?
2) This may be a dumb question but would they work with a standard onboard audio? the 7.1 that comes with my Gigabyte P45 chipset?
Cheers

I play at a very high level for CS and CoD4
I think they would help me a bit.

No, I wasn't kidding.

I and others have been more eloquent on the topic in the past. It should be easy to search for. I don't really feel like expounding on it again. But seriously, they won't help. If you want help in the personal audio department, get some Beyer DT770s or something that will actually improve what you can hear.

get yourself a good stereo headphones and get a soundcard that does 3d sound.

I play at a very high level for CS and CoD4
I think they would help me a bit.
Hit and miss.. They will be better localizing positions, but no better, or in some cases worse then a good 5.1 DSP with a good stereo headphone. If you never heard a decent pair of 50.00 headphones you will probably think they sound good

I have a set of these and use them with my X360. They are WAAAY better than the Turtle Beach headphones. I like them quite a bit.

Ah ok, I have a decent sound system here, well it's the Logitech Z-2300.. just a 2.1 system for my music that i don't really want to upgrade because i have no problems with it
My last headset just died so im not entirely sure what to buy then.. money isn't really an issue but I figure paying anything higher than the Tritton would be silly

Well, I guess that depends how "very high level" you are. But there are still solid options for the $60-80 the Tritton costs.

Ah ok, I have a decent sound system here, well it's the Logitech Z-2300.. just a 2.1 system for my music that i don't really want to upgrade because i have no problems with it
My last headset just died so im not entirely sure what to buy then.. money isn't really an issue but I figure paying anything higher than the Tritton would be silly
Upgrading to the Tris over the Z-2300 should give you higher fidelity, more resolving power, and easily more detail.

Well thanks for your responses, but the AX pro is actually $375 in australia..the company selling them for $200 has vanished, which is stupidly ridiculous, so i might have to find another pair >.<

Back