TV out not working

SandTiger

n00b
I have a Geforce 6600GT video card, and am trying to do composite out to my Sony Wega tv. I think its like a 32". Now, I can get the tv out to work, but its CRAPPY looking.

The colors are the biggest problem. It has a blueish tinge to it. And I can not fix it using any of the nvidia display drivers. I installed powerstrip. But I am uninstalling it because after 10 minutes of tinkering with every option, i couldnt find anything that really helped, or was any more powerful than the nvidia display's options.

I think it may be a problem with the TV. But im using component out.. so.. go figure.

Anybody have this tv or might know the problem?

Well, i'm no expert but..

The quality WILL be bad, because when you convert the computer monitor signal to tv (NTSC) signal it gets f*d up. I'm not sure if the colors should be all screwed up like you say, but don't expect any good quality..

composite out will give you a low resolution picture for sure. the colors shouldn't be screwed though. I would try a different source on the same input to rule out the TV quickly. Then try a better cable/converter.

Back