TV problem?

lil layzie

Gawd
Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but I got a concern.

I own a Sony Bravia KDL-40NX700. Purchased it around October last year.

Just a few moments ago, I was loading up a game on my PS3. I had the input on my TV in game mode while I was downloading a demo from PSN. I then changed the input to TV mode to the sports channel to check the score on something then back to game mode. My TV suddenly went black to a blank screen. I can still hear the game music coming from the TV speakers. Just to make sure it wasn't my HDMI connection, I changed the input back to TV mode and I can hear sounds coming from the local programming but no picture. I noticed it wasn't a completely dark screen. As I was changing the input modes, I can see the backlight responding to the input changes. Just that there was no picture showing up.

Worried and dreading the thought of having to go through the warranty steps to fix this problem, I googled around for a bit and some of the suggestions were to turn off the t.v. for a bit and then back on. Well that fixed the problem for now. Other search results returned with people suggesting to replace some of the internal components or do some soldering on the circuit board as something could have came loose.

I'm no expert on this stuff but I was wondering if I will have problems down the near future and if what I did was a temporary fix. I'm also wondering what happened to my TV to cause it not to show any picture. Any explanations would be great.

Back