UT2004 sound problem

Jrmicon

[H]ard|Gawd
Well I just rebuilt my machine and re-installed the UT2k4 Demo and for some reason all of my players sounds are low (weapons firing, jumping, getting hit). What is odd is that all of the other sounds are fine, the music is at it's normal volume, explosions are at their normal volume, so are the weapon sounds when I am in a vehicle. It is just my players sounds.

I have the 3d + EAX on and am using system drivers. My sound card is an Audigy 2 with the latest drivers.

When I first installed the game I had this same problem and then I must have done something because all the sudden all the sounds were correct. Now that I formatted my computer and reinstalled it is back to this again.

Thanks,

Okay, I had the same problems with my audigy gamer. Notice if you switch your sound back to Software audio you have ALL of your sounds right? I dont remember exactly what I did by I know that I used the autoupdate feature at creatives website. It works just like windowsupdate. I think it had somthing to do with my not having the newest version of Audio HQ.

I've tried the software audio and i've tried all the different audio settings (safe mode, software, Hardware, Hardare +eax and for all of those settings I have also tried the System Driver on and off). When I get home I will try the live update but I did just download the new drivers when I reinstalled all the software on Friday.

I'll post up tonight what happens.

That still didn't fix it, I don't have a F#@*&%$ idea what I did to get it working the first time. . . . . . . damn

Back