UT3 constant crashing - anyone else have this problem

Dunan

[H]ard|Gawd
WTF is wrong with this game?

i cant get into it for 10 minutes before it crashes like hell

this is w/updated drivers and the 1.1 patch

i even went to the 2K forums and they said the 'workaround' is to turn off hardware onenAL - i did and that actually worked for a whole level before it crashed again.

DIDNT THEY TEST THIS GAME BEFORE THEY RELEASED IT?

i have heard you have to set everything to standard defaults in your BIOS no OC whatsoever for some reason - i dont OC either

this is also a widespread problem from what i'm reading

ugh what a pain in the ass:rolleyes:

um, the game sucks. do not get upset with it. just sell/shoot the disc and move on.

The game is a bit unstable for me, and has graphics glitches after some time, but doesn't crash out. I have to say 2k4 was better, unfortunately...

No problems here. Really enjoying the game too

I haven't had any problems with it. I have my CPU overclocked to 3.2 GHz (from 2.66).

You wasted your money unfortunately buying UT3. Its supposed to be an online multiplayer game but goodluck finding anyone online to play with.

You wasted your money unfortunately buying UT3. Its supposed to be an online multiplayer game but goodluck finding anyone online to play with.

well i wasnt going to get it originally but when they reviewed the game [H]ere, they got a lot of backlash but insisted it was fun and enjoyable, pretty much sold the game verbally.....i wasnt aware it had so many issues, (its even crashing the PS3 from what i understand)

so has anyone heard of a fix for this or do the developers just not give a shit?

What a nice, crystal clear world you must live in, where every problem either has a fix or the developers didn't test it and don't give a shit.

Have you tried the version 1.2 patch?

What a nice, crystal clear world you must live in, where every problem either has a fix or the developers didn't test it and don't give a shit.

Have you tried the version 1.2 patch?
Typical immature kid behavior. You don't have problems, so you talk down to anyone who does and is upset about it. I would have expected more from a member of the [H] staff. Your condescending attitude does nothing but spread ill will.

Guess what? This game is full of bugs and it was rushed to release before Christmas. The developers DID NOT spend enough time testing it, and even now they're taking their sweet time developing patches. Just because you don't have problems doesn't mean they don't exist.

Games are expensive, and you CAN'T RETURN THEM IF THEY DON'T WORK, so the OP has the right to be upset about this.

FWIW I experience crashes in this game as well, and it's pretty damn annoying that after two patches and countless driver / windows updates, they are not fixed.

Typical immature kid behavior. You don't have problems, so you talk down to anyone who does and is upset about it. I would have expected more from a member of the [H] staff. Your condescending attitude does nothing but spread ill will.

Guess what? This game is full of bugs and it was rushed to release before Christmas. The developers DID NOT spend enough time testing it, and even now they're taking their sweet time developing patches. Just because you don't have problems doesn't mean they don't exist.

Games are expensive, and you CAN'T RETURN THEM IF THEY DON'T WORK, so the OP has the right to be upset about this.

FWIW I experience crashes in this game as well, and it's pretty damn annoying that after two patches and countless driver / windows updates, they are not fixed.

Or maybe, some people know how to take better care of their computers and avoid having these types of problems.

I've been playing UT3 since launch on a pretty much daily basis and did not have one crash. Or any problem with the game what so ever.

So we can assume one of two things.

You don't know how to take care of your computer so problems like these do not occur (I won't go in depth here, if you don't know what I mean then it's not even worth explaining)

This game is full of bugs as you state, yet 1-2 hours almost every day of gameplay on my side did not produce results, so I guess my copy is "bugged".

WTF is wrong with this game?

i cant get into it for 10 minutes before it crashes like hell

this is w/updated drivers and the 1.1 patch

i even went to the 2K forums and they said the 'workaround' is to turn off hardware onenAL - i did and that actually worked for a whole level before it crashed again.

DIDNT THEY TEST THIS GAME BEFORE THEY RELEASED IT?

i have heard you have to set everything to standard defaults in your BIOS no OC whatsoever for some reason - i dont OC either

this is also a widespread problem from what i'm reading

ugh what a pain in the ass:rolleyes:

Nope, no problems here on PS3 and PC

There's your problem AMD Opteron 185

Nope, no problems here on PS3 and PC

There's your problem AMD Opteron 185

what does my CPU have to do with it?

Recommended System Requirements
2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
1 GBytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

nope, dont think its my CPU:D

alot of ppl are having crash problems, i'm not the only one. like the OP said, i'd take it back if i could. i shelled 45 bones for a product that i can barely use. i dont know what the deal is, but the ppl that arent getting game crashes, more power to ya:D

Or maybe, some people know how to take better care of their computers and avoid having these types of problems.

I've been playing UT3 since launch on a pretty much daily basis and did not have one crash. Or any problem with the game what so ever.

You don't know how to take care of your computer so problems like these do not occur (I won't go in depth here, if you don't know what I mean then it's not even worth explaining)

This game is full of bugs as you state, yet 1-2 hours almost every day of gameplay on my side did not produce results, so I guess my copy is "bugged".
what the hell is that supposed to mean, "taking care of my PC"? how would YOU "take care" of your PC to avoid these said problems?

elaborate or STFU:)

your entire post is so laughably ignorant that it would be more trouble than its worth to spend the time refuting it. all i can say is you fail.

online play is dead. what else is there to know?

go play cod4/bf2/ cs:s.

No issues here, on my or either of my sons PC's. Online play is basically dead, but we throw up a LAN game with bots from time to time. The game was good IMO, it just didn't deviate from 2k4 gameplay enough to keep my interest.

No issues here, on my or either of my sons PC's. Online play is basically dead, but we throw up a LAN game with bots from time to time. The game was good IMO, it just didn't deviate from 2k4 gameplay enough to keep my interest.

right on.

did you install both patches? i had originally installed the 1.1 but the OP linked to 1.2. i installed it last night but havent tried it yet to see if it helped yet.
hopefully when i try it today things will be better:)

Back