UT3 patch already in the works

Ah i miss the days where updates were not so easy and developers had to do much better Q&A and not just say "ah screw it, we can just patch it"

I knew it would only be a matter of time before this would come...but it's still good to see it come so fast. Any word on when the final patch will release?

Looks good however I do not see any mention of more options for the video settings. I am still confused as to why Epic allowed so little customization to be passed as acceptable when the previous installment did it very well. Maybe it'll still be in this patch or hopefully the next. Or maybe I just overlooked the fix in the notes.

Hope they learned their lesson. We are the people that buy the pc version. How do they expect mods and all that to be created if they ditch us. Its like they were saying the pc mods can transfer but why even make mods if we were getting treated like crap. At least now they learned not to half ass on us anymore hopefully:)

They said they were going to patch it before the game released, and that link doesn't give a release date

The fact that you think paying 50 bucks for beta software is ok is mind boggling to me

Edit link to beta patch for ut3 full version http://www.epicgames.com/download/patch101.exe

That's exactly what i was talking about with some people in CTF server about an hour ago... we were talking about the new patch, and then we realized that we all just paid money to play a UT3 demo "version 2".

Is there a patch to make it not look like the new Quake 2 of brown? :D

The fact that you think paying 50 bucks for beta software is ok is mind boggling to me
No body said buying beta software was ok. I bought the game because I understood there was some reason for why it was shipped in the condition it was. I understood that they were working on it and the fixes would be released soon. I also enjoy the game and wanted to support a company that makes games I enjoy. I have a feeling it wasn't epics decision to release the game in the condition it was released because of their stance on the release this whole time. Epic made a good game and continue to work hard to insure it will succeed. They deserve my money. If you still don't believe they deserve yours then don't buy it.

Unless I see

"Scrapped the current UI and replaced with UWindows" and "Changed the unreadable font on the HUD" I'm still holding off.

Honestly theres virtually nothing in that list that makes me feel like they've listened to suggestions. The only thing that is related to what the beta forums were exploding about was the eye height bug.

Did they make it so you can actually choose your name now?

It's ridiculous... I can't create an account. Literally *everything* I try is taken, and I don't want to add a load of numbers to my name it just looks stupid.

I wouldn't mind if the account name was just an account name and I could choose something else displayed in game.

Did they make it so you can actually choose your name now?

It's ridiculous... I can't create an account. Literally *everything* I try is taken, and I don't want to add a load of numbers to my name it just looks stupid.

I wouldn't mind if the account name was just an account name and I could choose something else displayed in game.

You can thank the wonderful GameSpy system for that. I'm lucky I was able to register xerus in the beta demo.

You don't need a gamespy account to register in the full game. You just give them a name, email address, and a password.

But you are stuck with that name

For

Ever

Gayspy sucks...

On another note.. atleast all of this should of been done before release...

This game has me so bumbed, I don't even know where to start. Thanks Epic for selling out, I thought I would never say that. This game make me miss 2004 even more. :(

I love the game, but that name thing ticked me off a bit. Of course, synapsis was taken. I wish you could choose a different name in LAN games. I played some LAN UT3 last night and I was BlackWarCow, playing with a bunch of people named Player.

They at least listened to *some* suggestions and put them in, maybe they didn't have a chance to do all of them yet. FOV is going to be selectable. :)

I can't even remember when I registered 'jellyhead' on Gamespy, let alone what for. Glad I did! :D

i take it you never buy any EA games then? (Honestly, the BF series is a true patchfest, any BF game needs to hit 1.2 or 1.3 before it gets to a point where it would be considered out of beta by any other company, and recently C&C3 was even worse, a mate of mine commented a few weeks back (after the 1.9 or 1.10 patch) that they finally got the balance somewhere near playable)

anyway, excellent stuff

ill be picking up UT3 as soon as they release the linux client!

(side note, i gather you either pirated your windows install, or still havent caught on to the fact microsoft makes their money on paid for betas as well ;) difference is that they call their patches service packs, and take about five times longer to release anything)

Everything has patches nowadays. Get used to it. I'd rather see a quick patch than a late release.

I am thankful they came out with that beta patch as quickly as they did.

I'll be happy when the FOV slider actually works. Maybe UE3 developers will get the hint and stop locking us into arbitrary settings.

it's fucking stupid.

Lucky no one else ever wants the name Princess_Frosty :D

So YOU'RE the bastard who stole it from me!

But agreed. This is the one part that I'm really let down by. I can understand the "main log in" name but I'd like to change my player name once in a while. Hoping I just missed a setting somewhere.

Back