V1JP vs A8J

cinohpa

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at these two laptops on www.btotech.com and I'm leaning towards the A8J. I can get all the things I want for about $400 less than on the V1JP. I was looking at the different video cards and I was wondering if either would have higher compatibility for Vista. I'm not sure if I will use it immediately, but the notebooks are sold with Vista and so if I don't feel the need to go back to XP after trying Vista, I won't.

Also, the A8J is smaller and although I need power, the extra portability gives it an egde for me.

The V1JP has an ATI X1700 with 512MB Hyper memory (256MB dedicate VRAM)
The A8J has NVIDIA GeForce Go 7700 512mb dedicated
I don't really understand the difference between the two.

I've also heard very good things about thinkpads, but they don't seem to have the same graphics/power options in my price range.

Thanks for input!

What will you be doing with this notebook. IMO I would wait for Santa Rose. You seem to be a gamer and most decent 15.4inch should ship with a Moblie 8600 type card. These will be much faster than the 7700 or X1700 and will be closer to the 7900GS Go at stock speeds.

What sort of price jump do you think there will be for Santa Rosa systems?

www.btotech.com
are you sure this is a good site buying a notebook

i love Asus laptops, ....this site can even "Customize"
do you guys think i can trust them??

I think it's pretty safe. I've read up on it and it seems good. It was recommended to me by people from this site so I trust it.

With those laptops the V1JP will look alot nicer and be of better build quality, thats why the V1 is a bit more money. ON the portability front i agree if portability is your main concern don't get anything larger than a 14.1".

Either laptop will suit you fine.

i like the V2je a little bit more than V1....
do you have anymore site will sell Asus laptop which can "Customize" ?

i am looking for S7f, but it have not sell in US yet >_<

The V2J is VERY nice its the replacement for the popular W3J its a shame they didn't put a more powerful gpu in but its still a nice laptop. If your located in the states

http://www.milestonepc.com/states/product_info.php?cPath=87_82&products_id=1464
I can recommend Milestone. I'm in Canada but I bought my W3J from them, very fast service and reply to any questions you have promptly.

Milsetsone will customize the Asus Ensenble laptops (technically voids warranty) but they will warrant the unit for the whole orignal warranty.

Back