VG248QE w/ G-Sync, ULMB or not?

Superjoe

[H]ard|Gawd
I guess I've read conflicting things about the G-Sync mod and whether or not you can still use light boost/ULMB after performing it. Can you?

Thanks

Yes. Adding the G Sync PCB to your VG248QE will add hardware ULBM to your display. You don't need the lightboost app anymore. It's Gsync OR ULBM, though, not both at the same time. Ideally, if you can frame limit at 120Hz and maintain 120fps, you'll use ULBM and Gsync will not be useful. Gsync is not compatible with backlight strobing.

Oh I see. Now, the new ASUS ROG monitor WILL do gsync and strobing right?

You cant run them at the same time but with the gsync board it is as simple as hitting a button literally. What I tend to do is games I want to use light-boost on I try to modify the launch options to run at 120hz because light-boost will not run in 144hz mode. From there I just hit a button to turn it on and magic.

You cant run them at the same time but with the gsync board it is as simple as hitting a button literally. What I tend to do is games I want to use light-boost on I try to modify the launch options to run at 120hz because light-boost will not run in 144hz mode. From there I just hit a button to turn it on and magic.

I do the same exact thing. If you own this monitor and don't mind the upgrade price its worth doing.

Back