Video card artifacts @ POST (BFG 8800 GTS g92 OC)

Gazoo

Gawd
This is what it looks like when I startup a friend's rig I put together for him, once it's passed the startup screens and gets into vista, it's fine.

I haven't tried any games or benches just yet, but it's very odd, here's a pic:

dscf12851024x768cf5.jpg

dscf12871024x768ou3.jpg

Sorry about flash, didn't have a chance to set up camera settings.

I tried installing the nvidia drivers, and it bluescreens when trying to boot up and I have to go into safemode and uninstall them.

This happens to be the card I got from Newegg, the serial on the box was scratched, and it looked like the card had been repackaged.

The sticker on the antistatic bag had been torn, and had another one put on top of it.

When I asked newegg if this was an open box or returned item they said no....

I'm beginning to get mad.

Every BFG card I have bought had the dbl sticker / ripped one. Scratches are normal, the boxes ride conveyors, etc...

Your option is to mess with it more or just RMA it. Call Newegg and ask for prepaid ship label. You need to do it soon as the rebate will expire before you get the new serial number cutout to send in. [Newegg won't take it back if the serial is missing.] Use the original invoice for the rebate. Been there, done that.

EDIT, found rebate, you have until 5/1. No hurry then, eh

Ok things are just getting worse.

Blue screen doesn't seem to be happening, but I am getting a black screen after Vista's "loading" progress bar.

Have to boot into safe mode and uninstall the nvidia drivers, then it boots up, and Vista searched for another driver (and I stop it), I tried installing 163.xx drivers, told me incompatible (not really surprised).

Not sure what to do. Tried with 3 different monitors and has the same problem (essentially just loses signal). It "sounds" like it's starting fine, I just dunno what else to do.

Every BFG card I have bought had the dbl sticker / ripped one. Scratches are normal, the boxes ride conveyors, etc...

Your option is to mess with it more or just RMA it. Call Newegg and ask for prepaid ship label. You need to do it soon as the rebate will expire before you get the new serial number cutout to send in. [Newegg won't take it back if the serial is missing.] Use the original invoice for the rebate. Been there, done that.

EDIT, found rebate, you have until 5/1. No hurry then, eh

I have had this card for well over a month now and sent in the previous rebate.

Basically the only option would be for me to RMA. Which is unfavourable since I am supposed to ship this PC to a friend (he's international) this weekend. It would suck having to make him wait another week or two.

But from the sound of my problems I'm having a Vista issue as well.

OK, so you could call BFG and tell them the situation, email the pic, ask for RMA and cross-ship. You may have to give a credit card as collateral.

I have a 7900GT and it does almost the same thing. Slowly 3d apps started locking up, then basically no 3d apps would work. My post screen shows the characters in different colers (not the normal black and white). PCI adress screen even has pink text. I bet you that if you boot into vista in safe mode and turn off AERO you will be able to boot in normal vista. This has been killing me as my card has been like this for almost 4 months now. I am fixin to pull the trigger on 2 8800 gts, 1 9800 gx2, or 2 9800 gtx. Painfully awaiting the 9800 gtx results.

Back