Video card problem??

Nahid

Limp Gawd
So this is my story...

I can play COD4 MW1 without a problem on my pc, for hours!! All day even..

Anyway, when I put on Battlefield Bad Company 2, Crysis, it locks up/freezes (where I'd have to manuallly shut down), or has black spots/boxes..

Any idea what the problem(s) are???

BC2 is way tougher on gpu's due to the large size if the maps and how many people playing @ once. If you love the game an upgrade may be necessary. If you are playing @ 1920 res or higher then you definitely need an upgrade to handle this game. Probably a gtx275/radeon 4890 minimum should get this done. I would like to say 5770 but at that larger res Im not holding my breath.

im going to go with unstable overclock

Indeed. I overclocked my CPU from 3.2 to 3.8 (AMD 955BE with appropriate cooling) last night to try it out and got blue screen memory dump within 20 minutes. I reverted back and played a couple hours no problem. This is in BF:BC2.

im going to go with unstable overclock

I reverted back to no overclock and got the same results.

Currently I play in 1280x1024 (I think those were the numbers).

Which is better, 4890 or 5770? Or should I go w/ the nVidia card?

the eVGA 780i board may be the problem. There is another thread goign here experiencing the same problems and the conclusion was his board. There is a slim chance its the ram. That ocz ram needs 2.1v to be happy. If you have teh ram voltage set to auto those puppies might be starving for juice.

the eVGA 780i board may be the problem. There is another thread goign here experiencing the same problems and the conclusion was his board. There is a slim chance its the ram. That ocz ram needs 2.1v to be happy. If you have teh ram voltage set to auto those puppies might be starving for juice.

Yeah, I upped the voltage on the ram to 2.1, had it playing for awhile, but it froze up on me... :(

get this Hardware Monitor
launch it when you boot up, minimize it. It records the high and low for you. After you play close the game and look at the highest temp for everthing. Obviously if you are locking up and rebooting this info would be lost. Play for say 20 mins then alt-tab out and look at the temps.

The temperature readings are normal when I play... :( Still no idea...

Back