Vista 64-bit SP1 OUT!

I could see it. I think it fixed my problem with a Promise RAID controller too which is nice. Took less than a hour and everything seems ok.

Thats rather suprising they are pushing SP1 out via Windows Update already, I just got it via MSDN like a couple days ago. I thought they would allow to block it from downloading and give notice as to it coming.

I was suprised as well. I think since Vista64 has a relatively small install base they used it to test the live roll out first.

Here is my results so far:

1) Vista Ultimate 64-bit. (Main Machine) 121mb D/L installed in about 20 min
2) Vista Business 64-bit. (Work Desktop) 175mb D/L installed in about 35 min
3) Vista Business 64-bit (MacBook) 175mb D/L installed in about 30 min
4) Vista Business 32-bit. (Work Laptop) Update doesn't show up yet.
5) Vista Business 32-bit. (Virtual Computer) Update doesn't show up yet.

It shows up on all my 64-bit machines and installs perfectly and doesn't show up on my 32-bit machines.

You hitting the check for updates refresh button? Someone else noted it seems to be using a slot system, not enough free slots for you to get the dload it won't show up.

I think the slot idea is right; it took 3 seperate trys w/ update for it to show up for me; loaded and running great.

My Windows update doesn't show that it's available. I've refreshed about five times, got nothing so far.

i have rc1 candidate installed (vista 64 business)...is that why it (sp1) does not show up in update?

I think so. I guess all SP1 versions are the same including the Beta one.

i have rc1 candidate installed (vista 64 business)...is that why it (sp1) does not show up in update?

You'll have to uninstall the RC1 version from your system before it will install the full release version, or any other updates for that matter.

Uninstalled the RC1 version, still no dice after ~ 10 re-searches for updates.

How does one check their windows version?

I was all ready for upgrading to Service Pack 1, but it's not appearing in my list. I'll check later.

Anyone have a place offering it for standalone download. I can't seem to find it on MS site and updates not offering it to me for some reason.

xp ultimate x64 here first time I tried it failed to download
second time it worked.

"The Witcher" saves and loads faster.

I've done "check for updates" for an hour and nada. I'm on 64 Home Premium.

No SP1 shows for my 64-bit Ultimate edition on the Windows update....damn. I hate waiting to hose my machine!
Technet email said I could download it from their link but when you get there its a scam to buy a Technet Plus license for $349. Thanks Micro$oft. :(

I got SP1 this morning on my Vista Ultimate 64. Nothing seems broken (fingers crossed). Still not able to get it for the 32bit versions on my other machine.

Not showing up even after removing RC1 and installing all preq updates. going to reboot later to see if that works.

[EDIT[
Nop, still not there.

Any idea when the redistributable version is showing up?

(I don't have a TechNet sub)

Been checking for updates repeatedly for about 30 minutes now. Have yet to see SP1, but oddly enough every couple times I check it finds other updates for my machine.

Not showing up for me , I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit...:(

Anyway to get this manually???

I had to install some other nVidia updates that were on Windows Update before it came. For those where it doesn't show up: try a restart. Boots seem a LOT faster, but I haven't measured them yet.

~Ibrahim~

Not showing up for me , I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit...:(

Anyway to get this manually???
If you have a subscription to MDSN or TechNet, you can get it in single file or .iso form. It's also been stated that it isn't showing up for everyone because Microsoft limits the "slots" available to download new, huge updates to save on bandwidth.

I'll be curious to see if Audio CD playback is broken for anyone else besides me.

Try going to Control Panel -> Sound -> Disable All Enhancements.

This worked for a friend who had issues with CD Audio playback post SP1.

hmm, its wierd, i got SP1 today. popped up in windows update randomly, and I was like "sweet dude, i'm on it". I'm runnig Vista Ultimate X64

windows seems a little more stable...

not that it wasn't already,

x64 Vista Home Premium here, no SP1 even after reboot and about 10 re-checks for updates. Looks like this might be a Business/Ultimate only deal?

Back