Vista SP1 not installing.

Uberbob102000

2[H]4U
I recently downloaded SP1 standalone and tried to install it but it failed both on shut down (failed on step 2) and on boot (failed on step 2, again). I got error code 00070059 so I used the install through WU and it failed again but this time with a different error code, 800700EA. After this WU just downloaded it again and tried again. Failed again but I got a 3rd and 4th error code, 80200010 and 8024402c.
This is really starting to get annoying. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advanced.

Im having the same problem but with a different error code. Vista really makes you appreciate XP...............

I'm going to wait for the final release of Vista SP1 before installing it to my backup vista machine. I may even wait a month just to see if any difficult issues occured because of SP1.

I've been using it since RC1 and I like it a lot (UAC excepted of course) but this is just strange. Never had a problem that wasn't cause by me until now.

You did get the 2-3 prerequisite updates installed, correct? Have to do that before, or it is very likely to fail.

i have had problems like this in the past.the only way i could correct them was a reinstall.the last thing any body wants to hear and that was no certain cure.multiple installs is a pain in the ass.at lest sp rc1 worked the first time and i am not touching anything

Go into Administrative tools-->Services, and make sure you don't have anything explicitly disabled, if so set it to automatic and reboot and try again. Alot of the error codes are from services not being able to respond during the update process.

You did get the 2-3 prerequisite updates installed, correct? Have to do that before, or it is very likely to fail.

My problem is I found their KB numbers but I was unable to find download link for them I searched in MS download center). Could you please post links to these updates?

Thanks

Back