Vizio VMM26: Anyone have one?

bentomd

n00b
I'm looking for some first hand impressions of this monitor. I'm either going with this, the HannsG HG281DPB, or the Samsung T260. Here is a link to the Vizio page: http://www.vizio.com/productDetails.aspx?id=2466&pid=1508, and here is a link to a preview of it: http://www.gayakuman.com/hdtv/vizio-vmm-26-lcd-monitor/

I haven't been able to find any reviews, but it looks pretty sweet. I can get all of these monitors within $10 or each other, so I'm having a helluva time deciding. Thanks in advance for any input.

I want to see one in person. Looks like Sams Club has them for 399. I might get it.

Not bad for a TN panel, lots of cool features and slick design. If I was not a gamer I would pounce on that deal.

Not bad for a TN panel, lots of cool features and slick design. If I was not a gamer I would pounce on that deal.

Could you be specific? I was looking at it and it seemed pretty decent and I'm a huge gamer. Trying to replace my aging ViewSonic 2025WM, but sadly it's a decent monitor (MVA) and most of the monitors in my price are TN's. However I got a chance to play with this at BJ's and it seemed fairly decent.

It seems like they are hard to get a hold of. There are 7 Sam's Clubs in my area and only one have them in stock (few in stock as a matter of fact) Anyway it looked really good to me. Love the glass cover on the front.

I bought one at BJ's.

The first one I got had some dust between the front glass and the LCD behind it.
(This LCD monitor they sandwhich another layer on top of the LCD. It attracts dust pretty quickly.

I returned it for another and that's fine.

The front glass is glossy so the blacks aren't as dark as they could be.

It's dim when first turned on, but goes to full brightness fairly quickly.

One thing with the HDMI is that I have it connected to one PC and the DVI to another.

When switching the sources back and forth from DVI to HDMI, you loose sound and need to reboot the HDMI PC.

The touch sensitive control's can be picky as well.

Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet though.
I want to like it, but you know how that goes...

-Mario

None of the Sams near me have these...I've had my eye on it since Engadget and its ilk did a preview. Can't find one anywhere. :(

I bought one at BJ's.

The first one I got had some dust between the front glass and the LCD behind it.
(This LCD monitor they sandwhich another layer on top of the LCD. It attracts dust pretty quickly.

I returned it for another and that's fine.

The front glass is glossy so the blacks aren't as dark as they could be.

It's dim when first turned on, but goes to full brightness fairly quickly.

One thing with the HDMI is that I have it connected to one PC and the DVI to another.

When switching the sources back and forth from DVI to HDMI, you loose sound and need to reboot the HDMI PC.

The touch sensitive control's can be picky as well.

Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet though.
I want to like it, but you know how that goes...

-Mario

Please post more of your experiences with it as time goes on - danke.

Back