Warm: EVGA GTX 480 $220 (IS + Coupon Code)

Warm? No, it's definitely hot. It's fermi, of course it's hot. lol, I kid, I kid.

Last edited:
Performance on par with a GTX 570 for $100 less is pretty good, especially if it's cold where you live.

Remember to get the free high flow bracket from EVGA if you pick this up! Supposedly it lowers the temperature by about 5-10C.

You can always make your own high-flow bracket. Just take off the stock one and use some 90* angled wire cutters to clip off every other piece of metal mesh. It'll be basically the same as the real HF bracket.

Or install a decent cooler on it, removing the need for any kind of flow bracket.

Or install a decent cooler on it, removing the need for any kind of flow bracket.

Installing a $70-100+ cooler on a 200 dollar card sorta defeats the purpose, especially when the stock one is pretty much fine anyway... :rolleyes:.

Installing a $70-100+ cooler on a 200 dollar card sorta defeats the purpose, especially when the stock one is pretty much fine anyway... :rolleyes:.

You can throw a $50 Antec 620 on these with ease. Its well worth it to make the card cool and quiet which are two things that you can't say about the stock cooler.

That is about $15 less than I paid for my Galaxy 480 gtx soc with the 3 fan cooler. Pass. It should be about $180 at this point for a stock 480.

I managed to snag a 570 HD today for $200, other wise I may have bitten on this.

As some have said, not a super hot deal, but a very solid deal on a totally solid video card. The drivers are good, the technology underlying it is good, and it's just plain fast. I've had mine for something like 1.5 years at this point (and I bought it used from someone here on the forum and modified it myself) and the reason I've been scarcely posting on [H] is because I'm playing games on the thing in all my spare time. When it craps out and I have to replace it expect to see me again, but the happier I am with my current video hardware the more gaming and less foruming I tend to do. After all... when I had the 6870 I was here all the time... lol...

As some have said, not a super hot deal, but a very solid deal on a totally solid video card. The drivers are good, the technology underlying it is good, and it's just plain fast. I've had mine for something like 1.5 years at this point (and I bought it used from someone here on the forum and modified it myself) and the reason I've been scarcely posting on [H] is because I'm playing games on the thing in all my spare time. When it craps out and I have to replace it expect to see me again, but the happier I am with my current video hardware the more gaming and less foruming I tend to do. After all... when I had the 6870 I was here all the time... lol...
When I had a 6950 I was in the same boat, damn drivers blow and don't give a damn what anyone says I went back to green.
I'm NEVER looking back!
Good thing the 6950 I had was 2nd hand and I was able to sell it too!

I was looking at the Evga gtx 560 ti 448 core for $299 and use the $50 off $250 for Newegg business...and then I see this gtx 480 deal, but newegg doesnt have in stock for an even hotter deal. FUUUUUU!

Good find OP.

FARK!

If I would of seen this deal yesterday I would of bought it, I have a i7 SLI mobo lying around!

Too bad 2 of these in sli would suck up too much juice at idle. Otherwise I would sell my gtx 460s for a couple of them.

Back