Warm? Wii Sports & Resort package $99

I'm pretty sure this is the neutered Wii... meaning Gamecube support has been completely removed (no controller ports).

The price isn't all that hot anyway... you're much better off looking for a classic Wii console, even used.

I'm pretty sure this is the neutered Wii... meaning Gamecube support has been completely removed (no controller ports).

The price isn't all that hot anyway... you're much better off looking for a classic Wii console, even used.

A lot of people don't care about GameCube games.

Considering they are dropping support for many of the Wii built-in apps (news, weather etc) I don't think it's a wise investment anymore. I suppose if you're giving it to younger kids or parents, but not for yourself...

I'm not sure I'd pay 100 for the Wii U let alone the original Wii in 2013

Considering they are dropping support for many of the Wii built-in apps (news, weather etc) I don't think it's a wise investment anymore. I suppose if you're giving it to younger kids or parents, but not for yourself...

I don't know about that, the Wii is a great little machine and for those of us who place a lot of value on family oriented fun as well as those of us who like the Nintendo side of things in general it's still a worthwhile purchase. But not at $99... even if it comes with Wii Sports Resort.

As an aside, who actually USED the News, Weather, Everybody Votes, etc channels? In the entire life of the Wii I can't remember anyone ever saying "Gee I sure do love that News channel on the Wii!" Indeed the reason Nintendo is shutting them down is because of extremely low participation rates. The Wii Shop Channel is still doing quite well and will probably do so for quite awhile... at the very least until the Wii U price comes down from it's astronomical rates.

Make no mistake I love the Wii... but then again I am admittedly a Nintendo lover at heart. *looks at closet with 4 gamecubes, an N64, 2 SNESes, and an NES* :D

I don't know about that, the Wii is a great little machine and for those of us who place a lot of value on family oriented fun as well as those of us who like the Nintendo side of things in general it's still a worthwhile purchase. But not at $99... even if it comes with Wii Sports Resort.

As an aside, who actually USED the News, Weather, Everybody Votes, etc channels? In the entire life of the Wii I can't remember anyone ever saying "Gee I sure do love that News channel on the Wii!" Indeed the reason Nintendo is shutting them down is because of extremely low participation rates. The Wii Shop Channel is still doing quite well and will probably do so for quite awhile... at the very least until the Wii U price comes down from it's astronomical rates.

Make no mistake I love the Wii... but then again I am admittedly a Nintendo lover at heart. *looks at closet with 4 gamecubes, an N64, 2 SNESes, and an NES* :D

Falcon PUUUUUUNNNNCH

Yes, it doesn't have Game Cube compatibility. I bit as I've seen refurb Wii's at $70 and no game included. My wife loves it, so while it's not necessarily my cup of tea, I know it'll get some use of it.

Back