We can do this!

[crickets]
I would be, if I did UD. All of my boxen run FAH.
[/crickets]

Moose, Because I am doing so well with my dual core SMP folders I am going to switch my 2 single core laptops over to UD this weekend.

We are going to finally try to get back in the top 10? ;)

Count me in.

BTW moose I see you are ramping again.....Are you going to be able to get to the top 10 fast enough to kick me out?

I will pitch in my 3700+ at home.

How much of a difference is there in the clients?

I meant installation and running of the client compared to F@H, not having as a service kinda sucks but irarely restart the machine so its not really an issue. Is there anything else i should look out for?

I meant installation and running of the client compared to F@H, not having as a service kinda sucks but irarely restart the machine so its not really an issue. Is there anything else i should look out for?

The install is pretty straight forward. Not nearly as much tweaking to be done as with FAH.

Yea, I figured it all out last night.

A big thanks goes out to the guys that put the installation guide on the [H]ard DC website. It made the whole process quick and painless.

UD can be run as a service...

You can use instsrv.exe & srvany.exe to create the service and set it up on a WinXP machine.

Ok Moose, I just added the little blue pill to my machine here at work. So there are two machines working for the [H]orde.

More importantly we are 10 million points behind. We need to kick some serious Tivo ass.

I want to see someone on my threat board.........where you at Moosie?

If anyone has any older, faster P3s or Tautlan based Socket 370 CPUs UD does really well on these platforms.

I might be good for 1 more now that i have completed the 1950pro comp. How does this program react to a dual core system, does it have to be installed twice like F@H or will it use both cores with one install?
Well, that comment wasn't directed at you per se....:)

The current iteration of UD is not SMP aware, and you have to jump through hoops to get it to run 2 on the same system. I would suggestion running UD on one core and F@H on the other if that is what you want to do.

Well, that comment wasn't directed at you per se....:)

The current iteration of UD is not SMP aware, and you have to jump through hoops to get it to run 2 on the same system. I would suggestion running UD on one core and F@H on the other if that is what you want to do.

I know it wasn't, but would still like help the team.

I may go 50/50 on my 4400X2 with F@H sounds like a win win situation.

We closed the gap by 134,356 points yesterday. At that rate it will take us 76 days to take over 10th place.

Looking at the stats a little deeper our goal should be to make it into the top 5 within 18 months. We are the number 7 daily producers right now and most of the teams that are in front of us are producing less per day. Our biggest challenge would be overtaking those sneaky dutch cows who are slightly ahead of us in daily points.

Looking at the stats a little deeper our goal should be to make it into the top 5 within 18 months. We are the number 7 daily producers right now and most of the teams that are in front of us are producing less per day. Our biggest challenge would be overtaking those sneaky dutch cows who are slightly ahead of us in daily points.
Those guys are pushing some points for sure. :)

i just threw my work machine on there... first time i setup UD, pretty cool

i just threw my work machine on there... first time i setup UD, pretty cool

LOL... :)

Careful on work puters, UD installs a screen saver by default. Always messed up my gig.

LOL... :)

Careful on work puters, UD installs a screen saver by default. Always messed up my gig.

hehe, well, my monitors face AWAY from my office door, and i am the computer security nazi here anyway so it works out :D

Although I admit that stupid screen saver drives me batty when I forget to disable it. The mere thought of a screen saver steeling precious cpu cycles......Hopefully the screen saver won't be a default part of the next version of the client.

Any issues with using UD on the second processor of a box running FAH?

+1 boxen then. We'll see how it goes. I've been meaning to do this for a while and the proteins I've been getting in FAH have made me sad.

hehe, well, my monitors face AWAY from my office door, and i am the computer security nazi here anyway so it works out :D

I really meant that on if you installed it on "others" puters.

Back