Weight of Antec 900

I'm planning on building a new system soon and was thinking about cases. Antec 900 seems to be one of the cases that has mostly everything I want and looks OK. Sadly, the P182 is sexy but doesn't have a window. =/ Next up is the Soprano from Thermaltake.

To those who own a 900, how heavy is it exactly? I know the weight is supposed to be around ~30ish lbs empty but that number doesn't really mean much to me. :p Is it a PITA to carry around with all your stuff in?

Thanks!

30 LBS EMPTY?!?! THAT WOULD BE REDICULOUS!! It says on the website it is 18.5LBS empty! That is much more like it!

I am not positive about the Antec 900, but my antec P160 (only 4 lbs lighter) is easy as pie to carry. I mean, I wouldn't want to do a 2 mile hike with out one of those computer bags, but for carying it a block or so it is not bad at all with all the stuff in it. Now on the other hand, my Liquid cooled V2100 weighs in around 65 LBS and that thing is the hugest PITA to move...

Yeah I'm a bit confused. I saw the 18lbs on the site. But then I clicked specs and it said 30 lbs. Checked the P180 and it said ~30 lbs, and the review sites say 30lbs. =(

65 lbs?! Wow, but then again, your V2100 is about 9 times higher than the 900. :p

WOW 30 Pounds? it doesnt weight 30 pounds empty, i have a antec 900 and when its empty it weighs like 7 pounds. It's made of streal with the top being plastic.

Yeah I'm a bit confused. I saw the 18lbs on the site. But then I clicked specs and it said 30 lbs. Checked the P180 and it said ~30 lbs, and the review sites say 30lbs. =(

65 lbs?! Wow, but then again, your V2100 is about 9 times higher than the 900. :p

Yeah, don't worry about it. If you are going aircooling (and arnt rigging it to be a 12HD fileserver LOL) you shouldn't have any problems about weight.

I was thinking of hacking my old XBOX and mounting it internally in my V2100 along with my pc :rolleyes:.

My PC-V1000B weighs about 45lbs fully loaded with watercooling :p

It's not that hard to lug around...

My PC-V1000B weighs about 45lbs fully loaded with watercooling :p

It's not that hard to lug around...

Well, when your hands are like 3 feet apart, and at waist level, its kinda hard to lift 65 lbs... =D

Or maybe I'm just too 1337 to spend time doing physical excersize.

I think I'm going to join that new "Wii Sports Workout Group" I read about...

bleh, even with a ton of components an antec 900 shouldn't be too hard to lug around. now a stacker with a ton of hard drives and watercooling, that might be troublesome to lug around.

The Antec 900 is one of the lightest cases I've ever handled. It you want heavy, try an Antec KS-188 or CoolerMaster Stacker STC-T01 or Stacker 830.

Granted there are rackmount and server class chassis that are heavier, but you get the idea.

bleh, even with a ton of components an antec 900 shouldn't be too hard to lug around. now a stacker with a ton of hard drives and watercooling, that might be troublesome to lug around.

Yes it is. This is why I built a more portable machine with lesser specs in an Antec Solo case.

If you want heavy, try a supermicro loaded up with drives. It weighs about 120 lbs.

Back