Weird EEU

Tormond

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - June 2007
I ahve a brand new Dell Optiplex 320 (P4 3.2 2GB RAM) that is getting EEU on 2 WU in a row. Both of them were p3302 proteins and the really weird thing is that BOTH of them crapped out on the 83rd frame. Working on a P2124 atm so not sure if the proteins were the problem or if it is the machine and wont know until next Wednesday (next time I am in this facility to check it). Anyone have any suggestions or is anyone else having a problem with 3302's? I hope not as the new Poweredge server I setup this morning was chewing on 4 of those 3302's when I left the house this morning

Must be as I came home and had another one of the EEU in the 80s as well. Oddly enough the same machine had one finish without an EEU (Dual Core P4). The one that had an EEU grabbed a 2124 but the one that completed the one 3302 grabbed another one. It is about 60 frames thru it so I will know in the morning if it bombed or not

I think that my P4's have previously completed 3302's but tonight one of my P4 3.2Ghz (mildly OC'd to 3.4) is on frame 57 with a predicted completion time of ~5hrs 20min . So I will post back later with results...

RPhArrow

OK, on machine referenced in last post, WU 3302 just passed 85 frames, no hitches... going to bed now.... :rolleyes:

Yes - 3302 seems to be a problem WU.... The instance that I had running at frame 85 finished last night, but one of my other garden boxen just gave me my favorite EUE with this message :
[15:18:23] Completed 9000 out of 50000 steps (18)
[15:21:26] Quit 101 - Fatal error: Box exploding.

It's happening a lot according the the reports over at folding-community.org

Yep I am getting them randomly across multiple boxen now. I think I have had 4 of them complete and about 20 EEU so far. Most of these are coming on boxes that have been 100% stable for months

Back