What cord should i get for the 360?

Casej18

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,
I bought the 360 premium package and the hd-dvd drive and i was wondering if there is a better cord then the one that came with it. Ive been waiting for the hdmi one but i dont think that is coming. If it helps my tv can do 1080p over component and the model tv i have is the samsung HLS5687W 56" DLP 1080P. I appreciate the help

-Jayson

My understanding for 360 and 1080p is that it only does the 1080p resolution with the xbox360 VGA cable. From what I have seen, i dont thnk it can be done over the component cables. I would suggest going out and getting that 360 VGA cable.

Casej18 said:
Ya i thought about that but ebgames says it can only do 1080i http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802129

Anybody have one, or know anything about it?

Im willing to bet that the item description was written before Microsoft came out with the firmware update so 360 could output 1080p. If you conduct a search in the forums for 360 1080p or 360 vga or something of that magnitude, you will see that I remember correctly that for 1080p, use VGA.

360 will do GAMES @1080P over component using the stock cables (which are very good cables). If you get the HD-DVD addon and want 1080p, though, I'm pretty sure you have to do it via VGA. Also true for upscaling standard DVD's.

DragonMasterAlex said:
360 will do GAMES @1080P over component using the stock cables (which are very good cables). If you get the HD-DVD addon and want 1080p, though, I'm pretty sure you have to do it via VGA. Also true for upscaling standard DVD's.
Exactly right. The VGA cable is your best bet until the much-rumored HDMI cable comes out - if it ever does.

Back