What did you get this Black Friday?

ShiShKaBoB

Gawd
Post what, where, how much you spent(including shipping), and what type of rebates/Cash Back offers you used to score your 2009 Black Friday weekend / Cyber Monday gear.

Post once, and edit post if you add to the list of items.

I picked up:

1 Intel X25-M 80GB G2 Retail @ Newegg for $193.49 after 10% Cash Back

1 Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" @ Newegg for $233.99 after 10% Cash Back

1 Rosewill RX-358-S BLK (Black) 3.5" SATA to USB & eSATA Ext. Enclosure @ Newegg for $22.49 after 10% Cash Back

Overall, so far satisfied with prices for products received, I ended up saving $50 using Bing Cash Back.

EDIT: Ended up picking up 1 Canon - PowerShot 12.1-Megapixel Digital ELPH SD780is Camera - Black @ Best Buy B&M - In store price was $179.99 + tax(8.5%). I used $25 RZ cert, $5 gift card, and $10 Amex gift check, my out the door cost was $153.. I think I'll go back and get the 2 year Black Tie Protection (as it covers accidental damage)

EDIT: Picked up 1 Logitech G110 Keyboard through Ebay/Buy for $63 shipped after 10% Cash Back
Got 1 Cosco Retro Chair/Step Stool - Yellow through HomeDepot.com for $60 shipped after tax and 8% Cash Back (For Xmas/Mom)

EDIT: Got 1 16GB Sandisk Ultra II Secure Digital Card on Ebay for $34 after 10% Cash back.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
John Adams HBO series Blu Ray @ Amazon $25 free shipping

Transformers 2 Blu Ray @ Amazon $12 free shipping

10 other blu rays I dont feel like listing @ Amazon for my brother for $100 free shipping

I picked up:

1 Klipsch Quintet III @ Amazon

1 L4D2 @ Dell

1 Batman: AA @ Steam

1 ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard + AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Combo for a Christmas gift @ newegg

1 LG 32LF11 LCD @ Newegg

Got about $60 in cashback, and everything shipped free except the LCD which was $9

So overall, a good BF for me, and I didn't set foot inside a B&M.

1 Dell Mini 10v (base options + N280) @ Dell for $308 after tax and shipping plus got 20% cashback for $54. So total came out to around $254; not too bad I guess.

Probably going to get some of the cheapo older but excellent games from Steam and some CDs from Amazon. I am sad that I missed out on the Beatles Stereo box set for $100 :(

Logitech VX 550 with Nano receiver - Newegg $20 shipped - $10 rebate = $10 total.
2x Alpine EX-10 Ipod/Bluetooth device - Newegg $20ea, = $45 shipped

Staples:
1tb Seagate External - $70
100 CD-R's - $5 AR
8gb Flash Drive - $13
Steam:
Osmos: $2
Dead Space: $15

Sony 32" 1080P HDTV for $479

IMG_0303-1.jpg

8 hours of work. It was great. Wish I coulda go that 1tb external from target, haha thats where I work too.

phenom 955
asus m4a79xtd evo - combo deal on the 2, 55 dollars off, 10% cash back, 10 dollar mail in. 197 + 7.87 shipping
750gig WD black - 59.99 free ship
left 4 dead 2 - 4 pack at 112.49/4 - 28 dollars
grid - 7.50
farcry 2 - 5.29

going to try and still get assassins creed and civ 4 if i can find some place to price match.

Well I bought few games from amazon.

COD4 Modern Warfare
Fallout GOTY edition so I can get expansions

That's all, I went to Best Buy and Frys after 6pm and there was nothing great.

7 hours of work, and a massive headache.

Made a $20 tip, gave $10 to charity, $5 to the starbucks tip jar for keeping me well caffeinated.

Couldn't find anything worth buying besides that $2.50 Star Wars KOTOR deal on Steam. :(

20" bike for my oldest daughter for $29, new scooter for the youngest for $15.....various other small items like dolls and what not that were $5-$10 each on sale....nothing for me or the wife....another christmas, as usual

Dark Crystal for $5 at like 5PM from Target. Did most of my Christmas shopping before Black Friday and what little I have left doesn't require me to deal with a bunch of morons trying to kill each other.

Nothing :(

I was really hoping for a new hard drive but the only good deals where at stores that weren't around here.

I picked up a laptop cooler for my gf and some random stuff for my mom.
I got a Logitech illuminated keyboard ($30) which I've really been wanting to get.
Also added a few points to my blood pressure after missing Newegg's deal on the $180 Acer netbook. I needed this thing so badly for school and missed out by 2 minutes because of Newegg's credit card verification thing.

Forza 3, $19.99 from Amazon but only cause I had a $20 coupon as well.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I wanted to buy a laptop this year as I just got burned BAD on another forum. Ended up not getting anything due to crappy sales and rather spending around $150 on a sweet setup for a dual action polisher and pads for the car ~ I think it's about $200 worth of goodies.

I picked up the Sony Blu Ray from Dell for 109.99 before the 20% bing cashback.

Grid from Steam - $7.49
KOTOR from steam - $2.49
L4D2 from steam group buy - $28.15
Borderlands from Amazon - $20
WD 1TB External HDD from Amazon - $50
Sennheiser RS130 Wireless headphones - $50
Nero LiquidTV USB HDTV Tuner from Nero - $30

Pretty baller blackfriday IMO. I got a lot of stuff I wanted and saved quite a few bucks.

Two pairs of Levi's - $32/pair. Cheaper than usual and I was going to get them anyway.

4 new batteries for my 2 APCs (local sale)-me
another used great condition smartups1000 (local sale)-me
another 1.5 tb Seagate for the WHS (Amazon)-me
2 logitech keyboards from Amazon-gifts
Intel E5200 (Amazon)-gift

Nothing.. was REALLY disappointed.... Cyber Monday was a good day for bargains on Newegg last year so we'll see what happens

I got this, 3.5" Internal Card Reader, for $10.81 shipped.

It's really all I needed.... :p

I did resist getting this 1TB HDD, and also this one (I have one in a USB enclosure for my HTPC already), since I'm saving up for a 32-40" HDTV (that's the largest wall-space I have in my house - I had to put my 120gal/6-ft.-wide aquarium in front of a window).

I am trying to talk my wife into going into Fremont for a Japanese scroll that I know is on sale today....

Back